Monday, October 29, 2018

The Three Gospel Acts


It’s been over three years since I’ve written this, now being October 27, 2018. However, it still applies today as it did when I wrote it and as it always shall be. I confess to you. Working can be a dreadful and tiring thing. I at times hate working. Finding myself discontented in the thing to which I am doing. At the present I find myself waiting on the consolation for which the Lord has promised me and called me to. It’s interesting to use the word consolation. Even now, I am amazed that I am using it. It doesn’t seem to fit. However, I yearn to be consoled by God. Comforted by the act of His promises fulfilled. He has given promises and their fulfillment will bring peace and comfort to me. His promises will console me from all the labor. From all the toil. From all the pain I have suffered from the field. I may be getting ahead of myself here and you may be lost to why you are reading these words as it pertains to the Three Gospel Acts. Yet I believe there is room for my words at the present that coincide with the words to follow in which as aforementioned were written over three years ago. With that being said, I now invite you Into My HEART.




Without oxen a stable stays clean, but you need a strong ox for a large harvest. 
(Proverbs 14:4)




Oxen are laborers. An animal that does the work in the field.

The three Gospel acts are [hearing] the Gospel preached and taught. [Seeing] the results of the Gospel’s message of grace, truth and peace. The third is [living] the Gospel in which is a result of the hearing and seeing. It is moving from being a hearer to a doer. Like that Ox you are in the field. Wherever and whatever that field may be.

If you are merely a hearer and viewing the spectacle called the “Gospel of Jesus Christ” and you are not a doer, you deceive yourself.

What is this deception? You are not right with God but still condemned in your sin. For all who are doers are doers by the Agent from heaven being the Holy Spirit who divinely inspires a man to uphold the cause of Christ pertaining to the measure of faith we have. Whatever measure that may be.

Therefore, we cannot fully rejoice in the Cross of Christ for what it truly is—our redemption; the forgiveness of sin, by being those who view it from the center stage crowd or in the balcony watching and applauding the cause. We must enter it!

Working in the field can be dirty and hazardous. It can seem tedious and tiring. However, if we work the field we reap a harvest. If we don’t work in the field we will be clean [seemingly unaffected by what is going on around us] having taken no active interest in the field work, yet its end result is no harvest.

No harvest, equals having nothing to show for your life when it is over. No lasting legacy. To not be like this Ox in the field is tantamount to not knowing God personally and intimately. As He is the owner of the field, a foreman over the workers in the field and a worker of the field Himself. And where He is at, those who are of such things are there as well, rejoicing in the Owner’s harvest.
How I pray, we shall seek God out while He still can be sought out. In seeking Him out and then knowing this field, inspired by Him, we shall begin working the field wherever and whatever it may be. So we will rejoice when it is harvest time and be paid by the Owner and His Foreman. Amen.

As always…YOU ARE LOVED.


— F.A. Lugo
Originally written on: 6/10/15
Finalized on: 10/27/18
Posted on: 10/29/18

No comments:

Post a Comment