Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Birthday To You Pastor Troy

"You encourage us with your style, commitment and passion." - F. Lugo

Today is my Pastor's birthday. Therefore I decided to not only wish him a happy birthday, but let the world know of a man who is chasing after God's heart. From my few years of being part of such an eclectic family of Potential, to my actual words exchanged with Pastor Troy Gramling and my encounters with a humble man who is easy going, soft spoken as a man, but a booming voice for God, I am glad God lead me to Potential Church.

It all started years ago in 2006. I was invited to share my testimony before hundreds at Potential Church (then Flamingo Road Church) and as I was praying backstage because I was very nervous to stand and speak before many, I remember as I raised my head up and opened my eyes after praying, I saw a tall man leaning against a wall. He looked tired and as I realized who stood before me, I was shocked to realize it was my very own Pastor. But I said to myself, 'This can't be him. I've seen him preaching the Word of God like a warrior...This is a Super Hero in my eyes.' Not knowing what to say to my Pastor, I said the only thing my finite mind could come up with that seemed intelligent and appropriate, I said "How's it going?" To which my Pastor replied, 'good.' I couldn't believe it! I spoke with my Pastor. What a thrill! A memorable moment in my life I would always be able to recall and thank God for.

But God spoke to me later concerning this divine encounter between my pastor and I. He said, 'Your amazement of this man is not amazement at all, but reverence for your leader. You were honored to be among him. This is called humility. You were thankful for the exchange of words although little. This is called being a child of God.' As I have heard my Pastor teach many times, there is one thing that never changes. I am always thrilled to hear from him again. Every time I attend service to hear what my pastor has to share with us that day from the pages of his heart, whether in person, or on a big screen because he is elsewhere doing the Lord's work or simply enjoying much needed rest, I am grateful to God for my Pastor and for God allowing our conversation to continue on.

I see my Pastor as a leader, and a hero. We all need to have heroes in our lives. And if that hero is in Christ Jesus, we should all be honored and thankful to God by always showing our respect and appreciation for the amazing job that hero; that leader, is doing in our lives and the lives of others. Let us never become familiar with our leaders and heroes whether we hear from them daily or not, but let us consistently rejoice with them always because God appoints all the leaders to their positions in life. That they who lead us triumphantly and victoriously may always be cherished, prayed for and encouraged. Why? They are people to and they as we, need to be loved, cherished and cared for also. Amen.

As I thought of a verse that would speak to my Pastor I thought it appropriate to not simply quote a verse, but rather speak a blessing over my Pastor. It's called the Priestly blessing: Pastor Troy may...

The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. (Numbers 6:24-26 NIV)


If you haven't known Pastor Troy and you haven't decided on a church to become part of their family, I invite you, I extend my hand in friendship towards you. I will be honored if you would come and join the celebration of God's grace that is Potential Church. Come to know a leader, a hero, a warrior, a husband, a father, a brother, a son, a man who is for God. His name is Troy Gramling and he is my Pastor. Amen.


Happy Birthday Pastor Troy.
As always...YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment