Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lessons: Fix yourself before you can fix others



Before I go any further, I just wanted to ask you: Have you ever blamed something on someone, or criticize someone for something they may have done wrong, incorrectly or improperly, and you yourself made the same mistake before?

I know I have plenty of times, and boy have I've been taught some lessons in my life. Too many to count. I'm glad I'm starting to see things get through my thick head. I thank God for having such patience with me.

Now to tell you about what's been on my mind and in my heart:

I find myself constantly in school being taught lessons by God. Every second of my day, God illuminates and illustrates many things to me. Although I find myself in situations, surroundings, or circumstances at times, that I don't care to be in, they are always filled with lessons that will strengthen me and improve on my ways of thinking, reacting, and more importantly the manner by which I will live by, to which in the end I will count it all joy.

The lessons I've been in, have one major theme or subject which has taught me the way to treat others and exemplify honor, and respect; in order to not fall into a trap of inconsistency, disrespect, dishonor and a character that screams that you find yourself higher than others (and the scripture that speaks on this that came to mind are as follows):

Matthew 7:2-3 (Amplified Bible)
For just as you judge and criticize and condemn others, you will be judged and criticized and condemned, and in accordance with the measure you use to deal out to others, it will be dealt out again to you.

3 Why do you stare *[from without] at the very small particle that is in your brother's eye but do not become aware of and consider the beam of *[timber] that is in your own eye?
As I decided to place into brackets two important picture words, I must stop to give thanks to God for allowing me the wisdom and heart to receive such words to learn, and apply to my life in order to remain being a good example, and also for the great honor to pass such words of Truth along to you as well.

*from without = without compassion and placing fault
*timber = an object so large not only is it extremely noticeable but too heavy to bear and it will tear you down

THE LESSONS TO LEARN HERE: Forgive others; learn from your mistakes, and never point the finger at anyone, because you'll always have fingers pointed back at you.

Thank you for reading, and I pray that you will gain something from this, and are able to apply it to your life and share it with others.

God bless you all.
In God's Love,
Flavio.


Closing scripture from (Matthew 9:2)

...“Take heart, son; your sins are forgiven.”

No comments:

Post a Comment