Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I Can Have It Now?!



 
 
 
 
I can say, I pride myself on being a man of confession, but what I confess isn’t flattering to me or the image one would want to portray. Therefore, it is not pride that causes me to confess, but the Spirit of God and His grace at work in and through me that causes me to confess what must be confessed so I am continually experiencing the will of God and that is to have a personal and intimate relationship with Him that is not hindered by unconfessed sin. With that said, the ending of 2014 and the beginning of 2015 has been quite the struggle for me. Yet, like the excavating of earth that goes on to find hidden treasure and also to rebuild a firm foundation, so is this season of my life. A soul searching season I have found myself in, and for the one who is willing, I now invite you Into My HEART...
 
 
 
I DON’T WANT TO STRUGGLE ANYMORE!
 
 
The preceding verse spoke to me in a brand new way today: Then the devil took him up and revealed to him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. (Luke 4:5)
 
The devil always speaks volumes through impatience, selfishness and he will use the “you can have it now and not later” tactic to whomever he wills. For myself, I have desired things now when later was the reality.
 
Now, can get us into a whole lot of trouble. It takes away discipline and appreciation and humility. It pushes away God and ushers the devil in.
 
 
I pray now oh Lord, that the devils “now” will no longer interfere in your extraordinary “later.” Amen.
 
 
 
What is this now we would receive upon taking the devil’s offer?: (Luke 4:5-8)
 
  • “I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them,” the devil said, “because they are mine to give to anyone I please. (v.6)
 
The devil gives us the world—everything that is finite and will inevitably perish away. In short, the devil gives us what we want. But of course, true to his nature of misconstruing God’s Word and hiding his true motives as revealed and recorded in (Genesis 3), to gain the whole world, we would have to pay a price and give up something grand in exchange.
 
  • I will give it all to you if you will worship me.” (v.7)
 
I will end this how I began it. I don’t want to struggle anymore. My thoughts, words and actions are polluted and I need to bring myself to Jesus and experience Him reaching out His hand to touch me so I can be healed (Luke 4:40), so that I may know the joy of giving myself effectively to Him.
 
  • Jesus replied, “The Scriptures say, ‘You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.’” (v.8)
 
Pray for me.
 
-Flavio
1/13/15

No comments:

Post a Comment