Quotes, quotes and even more divinely inspired quotes. Thank you Jesus
First and foremost, this is all the Lord’s doing. All things good come from God above, and He is faithful and exceedingly generous in His kindness to share with me a sinful man, such wonderful things too great for me to know. Praise you Lord God for your exceeding kindness and great mercy to those who cry out to you in desperation to come to their aid and save them. You are good and I know it all too well! Blessed be your holy name forever and ever. Amen.
Oh Lord, may purpose that is found in you alone, be found actively at work in me and through me. Let your will be done always. For yours is the glory, the honor, the power and the praise forever. Amen.
Here are all the words I recorded down for the year of 2014 as I was divinely inspired by God to write, whether through reading, reflection, interactions with others, struggles of mine, triumphs God had given me, prayers of mine and observing life all around me. I have listed them as quotes and this is the continuation of the 7-part series. May they inspire us all to seek God first, to faithfully love and follow the Lord Jesus and remind us of why we first rejoiced over our Savior and great God and King. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...
101. “If you won’t do it in front of your Church family, don’t do it when they’re not in front of you. That’s integrity of character.” —F. Lugo 7/12/14
102. “The holy scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, main focus, is on key events that shaped the cosmos and human civilization as we know it, revealing the heart, mind and spirit of the Creator God all at the same time.” —F. Lugo 7/12/14 (inspired by reading a sentence in a description of a biopic called Going Upriver: The Long War of John Kerry in Big Lots)
Is this not the testimony of history? Key events that shaped our cities, states, countries and continents throughout history being recorded down through the millennia, centuries, decades and generations.
Indeed! We can all come to agree that what is for all else, certainly is for the Biblical accounts of the Creator God and His glorious workings.
Let us not for one moment scrutinize other works of antiquity base off of particular criteria, yet toss the Bible to the side as if it could not stand under the weight of bibliographical testing.
103. “To know Jesus personally, far exceeds all expectations.” – F. Lugo 7/12/14
104. “All that I write is a love letter to God. The One and only lover of my soul.” –F. Lugo 7/12/14
105. “Jesus is the epitome of everything that makes me happy and altogether joyful.” –F. Lugo 7/12/14
106. “Don’t allow prime real estate in your mind to be bought up with loud lies.” –F. Lugo 7/13/14
107. “Each of us must asked ourselves, ‘To whose counsel am I listening?’ For an unstable mind and a corrupt heart will lead others astray.” - F. Lugo 7/14/14 (inspired by words I read in a devotional speaking on Balaam and Balak and the power of blessings and cursing by way of mouth).
It is quite apparent that emotionally lead (not emotional people as we all are people with emotions) individuals, that is, those to whom act quicker than they are willing to find out the facts, are those who do not listen and adhere to wise counsel. They are the unstable in mind and corrupted in heart.
I too, have had a huge slice of that pie many times. Though the situation seems sweet to us, in the long run it proves to bring more harm to us than the short lived good. How sweet this pie is! How tempting to taste it can be! Help us O Lord, not to give into the temptation of this sweet sensation.
Being unstable, that is, not able to make up your mind and stick to it to its final conclusion, is no way to live. And having a corrupt heart, that is, choosing what you will stick to for what personal gain will come to you, will ultimately destroy you.
What is wise and sound and incorruptible, is to, live a life selflessly committed to serving a cause that could never produce vain gain, is lead by the incorruptible and places your life on the chopping block for all to see (that is, you have nothing to hide and everything to reveal). Does such a cause exist? Indeed it does: It’s called, “Not I, but Christ.” To live is Christ, to die is gain. Therefore, if you are living, it is Christ (wise, sound and incorruptibly selfless to the very end). And when you die, though you may not have much material wealth as the world counts gain, your gain is in the Eternal One who is Jesus, our Lord, the true and only Son of God. Amen. Lord Jesus, may it be so. Amen!
When was the last time you grab ahold of someone and blessed them in the name of Jesus?
Seriously! When was the last time? I want you to know that although I write much on social media and on the world wide web, I don’t keep the powerful name of Jesus confined to the internet.
We may not go about screaming at the top of our lungs “Jesus loves you” to others and that is wise as many do not comprehend how He loves them. However, we in Christ, are endowed the greatest of spiritual gifts: Blessing and not cursing others in the powerful name of Jesus.
I rather enjoy speaking to an individual, a couple or truly a gift, a newly married couple about the love of Christ in a marriage and just before we part ways, I bless their new marriage, their home and their God-given endeavors in the powerful and oh so lovely name of Jesus.
I recommend you, who are in Christ, take up such a practice, as in it! You have already sprinkled generations with the Eternal Seed of Christ the Lord. Amen. 7/14/14
108. “Men, if you will sleep with a woman, ask a woman to live with you, have children with a woman and share responsibilities with a woman, without committing to her in marriage, all you are proving, is that you’re a coward and far from a man.” –F. Lugo 7/17/14
109. “The Lord is always on time and has exceptional hearing that never fails.” -F. Lugo 7/18/14 Boom! (inspired by James Oyola’s great need to know the Lord personally, intimately and powerfully).
110. “It will take a woman to teach a woman, just as it will take a man to teach a man, but the Lord has created them both!” - F. Lugo 7/18/14 1:44am (see Proverbs 20:12, 22:2) On point. Thank you Jesus!
What does the above teach us? We need the Lord and we need each other. No one is self-made, and we are all built for community. Lord, help us with this; HELP ME WITH THIS, to embrace one another and love our neighbor [mankind] as our self. Amen.
111. “You may find the situation you’re in shameful and you may see the lack of progression in this season of your life as despicable, but the Lord is faithful! Therefore, do not become idle.” - F. Lugo 7/18/14 (Galatians 6:7-10 speaking to me right about now). 2:35am
112. “Beware. You can be busy doing ministry and not be honoring or pleasing God.” -F. Lugo 7/18/14
As it is written and Jesus made it known: “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: ‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.’” (Mark 7:6-7; Isaiah 29:13)
Therefore, how does one honor God? With their heart and not merely their words, as Jesus further illuminates and enlightens His audience: “Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” (Mark 12:29-31; Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:18)
Let us all, I pray, respond to Jesus as did the one counted as responding wisely: So the scribe said to Him, “Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He. And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love one’s neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Now when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, He said to him, “You are not far from the kingdom of God.” (Mark 12:32-34)
And how does one share such love for God from their very own heart? Here it is: “And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. (Deuteronomy 6:6-9)
Therefore, let us recap. The busyness of ministry certainly does not produce a great and complete love for God, but a great and complete love for God, produces that ministry. Though you may speak from your lips that Jesus is Lord it does not mean your heart has accepted Him to be the Master and Sovereign God over your life. As Jesus has further spoken concerning such things: “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ “Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man..’ (Matthew 7:21-24)
Now we can all see by the great command of the Lord God, that His Word to us is simple, direct and not too difficult to comprehend: Then God gave the people all these instructions :
“I am the Lord your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery. “You must not have any other gods before me.
“You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.
You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected—even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.
But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
“You must not misuse the name of the Lord your God. The Lord will not let you go unpunished if you misuse His name.
“Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day He rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
“Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
“You must not murder.
“You must not commit adultery.
“You must not steal.
“You must not testify falsely against your neighbor.
“You must not covet your neighbor’s house. You must not covet your neighbor’s wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor.” (Exodus 20:1-17)
Prayer: O Lord, You are God alone and there is known other. We praise you for your unfailing Word. Create in us a spirit that will love you with all our heart, mind, body and soul, that we may teach men your glorious ways and teach our children all the days of our life how wonderful you are! Without you this is impossible, but with you O Lord, wherever we go, that is where a testimony and witness of what great thing the Lord has done, will be known. Let it be so O Lord, when we have called you Lord, we would have done it from a heart that loves you and teaches others of you and not from teaching and doing in your name without ever wholly loving you. For you, halleluyah, are the sum of our life, and in you and through you and by you we live and move and have our being. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.
113. “I look out my bedroom window and I witness life going on out there. So I say to myself, if you want to experience life, you have to go out!” - F. Lugo 7/19/14 (contemplative) Matthew 28:18-20 speaks to me now (added on 8/13/14)
114. “God is faithful. Follow in His footsteps.” - F. Lugo 7/21/14
115. “When I close my eyes and bow my head and pray to the Lord according to His name, already a whirlwind of His presence and blessings have begun to circulate about accomplishing all that He sets out to do. Amen.” - F. Lugo 7/22/14
116. “I have the mind of Christ. This is God’s Word to me. In the mind of Christ, there’s wisdom and revelation and peace. Therefore, I am at peace to receive the wisdom of God that He reveals to me.” - F. Lugo 7/22/14
117. “Commitment. Without this we could never know God. He is commitment and calls His people to commitment. Let us take a lesson from a man named Hosea. His commitment was above reproach and he was called to commit. Despite an unlikely pairing, between him and his unsavory wife, he remained committed to her and was not looking for an easy way out nor to ditch her and quickly go to another. Hosea would not play the harlot [a person who goes from one person to another seeking to receive things/and or attention in exchange for their bodily love] as she did. If you find yourself going from one place to another, in and out of the arms of those you said you would do life with or were married to, then you are a person of noncommittal, and you yourself are hindering your intimacy with God who can only be found in the sanctity of commitment." -F. Lugo 7/22/14 (inspired by the Holy Spirit speaking to me concerning God being existent and being commitment. Praise the Lord!)
Commitment. I know a thing or two about not being committed to my words and my actions; my vows. It's shameful!
Don't be misled. Being a non-committal person, is not limited to relationships, but also organizations, even the Church! Bouncing around from place-to-place just like person-to-person trying to find what fits best for you, is not commitment but lack of commitment. Wisdom is needed here: If a church is not foundational on the whole teachings of God and proclamations through word and deed that Jesus is the Risen Lord and Son of God, then certainly you must not be of such a place, just like a person who clearly will lead you away from God and you have had no clear and concise word from Him to pursue such a person. You must flee from them!
“Wisdom is justified by her children. What does this mean for you and me? We will be known as wise base off of what we have given birth to, that is, what we produce out of our efforts.” - The Holy Spirit 7/22/14 (An answer to a prayer that was uttered merely 30 minutes or so ago and He is faithful to answer! Praise the Lord).
118. “If you want to leave a legacy. This is legacy to leave behind: Give generously to the things of God, as it will last longer than the length of your life.” - F. Lugo 7/22/14
A Lesson from Daniel- Fasting/Commitment
119. “Fasting. This is something the world knows as abstaining from food for a time and they are correct, however, that deeper commitment that comes from fasting, is the acknowledgement that you cannot accomplish the feat without God’s presence, power and provision.”
- F. Lugo 7/22/14
120. “Church. If you are going to church for what you can get from it and those serving in it, instead of, for what it has already been given. You miss out on the whole purpose of the Church. Christ gave His life to build the church up, therefore, the Church is a place of praising the Lord for all that He has done, is doing and, halleluyah, will do! Amen.” - F. Lugo 7/22/14
121. “Equality. This breathes confusion and cultivates chaos and disobedience. God is not equal to us nor should He be. History has proven we are a sinful people capable of great atrocities. God has defined Himself to be holy and sovereign, that is, apart from this world’s sin, degradation and lure. God cannot be tempted nor does He tempt, whereas mankind is constantly being tempted, falling into temptation and tempting others to join in on their sin” - F. Lugo (Proverbs 1:10-19; Proverbs 7:6-27). ⬆added on 8/13/14
The Lord God is the Supreme Being; Ruler of the Universe, and He has no equal, and anyone or any party or affiliation or sex [male or female] fighting for equality is surely without the wisdom of God and that shows they also do not revere Him, as the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but foolish people despise wisdom and instruction.” - The Holy Spirit 7/22/14
122. “In Christ there is grace for today and for tomorrow and forever.
You must be willing to reveal the ugly about yourself to God — That’s intimacy.
Trust the process: Trust His grace is there for you and trust that God is big enough to sort out the ugly to find the beautiful.” - F. Lugo 7/23/14
This is birthed out of my true story. I have ugliness that needs dealing with and when I consciously chose to give my life to Christ, I had two things that were NECESSARY in order to follow Him: 1. It had to be personal between Him and I, and 2. I had to be able to openly speak to Him about everything and anything. Both are evident in my life and both continue on to this very day. Matter of fact! I had to reveal some of my ugliness to God today, concerning unresolved anger I have in me towards others, but God is faithful and when we allow Him to sort through our ugly and peel away that ugliness, in Him, we discover true beauty. Praise the Lord!
[Goes with Tobe Nwigwe’s words I quoted on 7/24/14]
“No one likes a stupid person, and furthermore, a real man, wouldn’t and shouldn’t be persuaded by tight clothing and curves galore, if her mind isn’t right. Men, if a woman’s mind hasn’t been renewed in Christ, than her body alone, will not keep you interested for long.” - F. Lugo True Story
Mind Over Matter
123. “Yeah, baby got back as well as front, but does she have an active brain in that head of hers and will she allow me to experience it?” - F. Lugo
124. “Yeah, a body is sexy, but a sharp mind is sexier.” - F. Lugo 7/24/14
125. “The tightness of a woman’s dress should not choke out the oxygen going to her brain.”
- F. Lugo 7/24/14
126. “Men, give yourself a break, and stop staring at that woman as she walks by.” - F. Lugo 7/24/14
127. “The more you are defiant the less you’ll know God’s heart.” - F. Lugo 7/25/14
“Let Obedience Veer Emotion.” - James Oyola
128. “Every dollar you spend frivolously is a step backwards from attaining your dreams.” - F. Lugo 7/25/14
129. “Every defiant moment draws you further away from experiencing God’s promises.” - F. Lugo 7/25/14
130. “Defiance towards God and His Word is compared to putting on the shackles yourself and freely agreeing to a prison sentence.” - F. Lugo 7/25/14
131. “Every dollar you spend frivolously is a step backwards from attaining your dreams, just like every defiant moment draws you away from experiencing God’s promises.” - F. Lugo 7/25/14
132. “Obedience and God’s promises go hand-in-hand.” -F. Lugo 7/25/14
133. “Choose Jesus and choose certainty. Choose anything else and choose uncertainty. The choice is yours.” - F. Lugo 7/26/14 (inspired by C.S. Lewis’ quote “Don’t let your happiness depend on something you may lose.” As well as the hurtful, heartbreaking situation two people very dear to me willingly put themselves into).
Right thing (perishable) vs. True thing (imperishable)
134. “I don’t want to be liked. I want to be transformative.” - F. Lugo 7/26/14
135. “I don’t want to belong to a church that is liked. I want to belong to The Church that is transformative.” - F. Lugo 7/26/14 (a building vs. The Body of Christ)
136. “If we reserve 30-minutes a day to a common goal, over a 10-year period, we’ll gain mastery over it: Let’s start with humility.” —F. Lugo 7/28/14
137. “Don’t fault someone because they’re emotionally unstable at times, when your emotions are quite pliable as well.” - F. Lugo 7/28/14
138. “They’re no endless life cycles and such line of thinking is futile. However, it is certain that man is born, man lives, man dies and if he did not lead a life worth mentioning, he is forgotten. And so it is, it is appointed to man to die once and then comes the judgment. Let us not waste our time with vain pursuits and ideologies, but seek to know our Creator, our purpose and to live peaceably with all others as much as it is possible.” - F. Lugo 7/28/14
Beloved, instead of tagging someone else with this today, tag yourself. Humility: We are all sorely in need of it.
Humility, will have you admitting [confessing] your mistakes, your short comings and seeking forgiveness and restitution. Here's the kicker...it starts with God (2 Chronicles 7:14;Psalm 51; 1 John 1:5-10) then continues onto others (Matthew 5:23-24).
139. “I am a thankful man who uses his God-given gift of writing on social media like a Light shining into darkness that others may come to see.” - F. Lugo (Instagram bio)
140. “The question is: Will you love someone enough to correct them when their clearly in the wrong? This is the difference between those who say they love you and those who show you they love you. They will not allow you to destroy yourself!” - F. Lugo (inspired by two people I know falling into sexual temptation).
141. “Wherever you look, you have a thousand teachers right in front of you. Take that opportunity to learn something from them and also and more importantly learn from the mistakes of others.” - F. Lugo 7/30/14 (inspired by Akeelah and the bee movie).
142. “With all things in this world, man seeks out knowledge to know it, funny thing is, with the subject of God and His Son Jesus, we are all full of opinion not knowledge.” - F. Lugo 7/30/14
143. “Rethink your thinking.” -F. Lugo 7/30/14 (definition of repent)
144. “Take a lesson from the drunk, addict, thief, gambler, adulterer and liar. That way of thinking, acting and hiding leads to death and not life.” -F. Lugo 7/30/14 (daily made known on the news)
145. “With many God is a byword. With the few He is actually the revelation of life and eternity they were missing and sorely in need of.” - F. Lugo 7/30/14 (Matthew 7:13-14; John 3:19-21; John 12:42-43 inspires)
146. “This new world, has and shall continue to be, built on ulterior motives.” - F. Lugo 7/30/14 (right things vs. The true thing) ⬅ added on 8/13/14
147. “God is currently and strategically placing others in your life to be a blessing to you. Know this: YOU ARE NOT INSIGNIFICANT.” - F. Lugo 7/31/14
148. “I do not like this phrase: “Free will.” It invokes carelessness and callousness. However, this word CHOICE. Now there’s a word jam pact with real power! We have the power to accept Jesus as Lord, in which, calls us to follow and commit to Him completely, or to reject Him. In rejection we do not need to follow or commit to Him nor experience the closeness, provision, protection and promises that go along with it. Once again, to have a choice in the matter...that’s real power!” - F. Lugo 7/31/14
149. “Man needs to have his personal and intimate time with God. Whether it be prayer, singing, dancing or reading in God’s Word, it is critical, that man experience this form of worship.” - F. Lugo
It’s August 1, 2014. This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it. Amen.
As my morning began with heartfelt prayer, I realized this was my personal and intimate time with God. I rejoiced at this thought. I rejoiced that it is my truth. And I further rejoice that I am once again able to record such words that will impact the lives of others to know God in a personal and intimate way. Praise the Lord.
Genesis 28:15; Leviticus 26; Exodus 19:5; Exodus 20:3-6; Matthew 12:30-37 inspires!
150. “By the life we live and the legacy we will leave behind, we will either condemn generations or set many generations free.” - F. Lugo 8/1/14