Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Christmas Miracle!

 
 
that changed my life and can also change yours


On December 25, 2013 I witnessed firsthand a prayer that was two years in the making, being answered right before my eyes—forgiveness and reconciliation. Praise Jesus! I sincerely invite you to read this. It has two true accounts of miracles. Read on as I invite you Into My Heart, to receive the blessing...

 Beloved, this is true for all: “forgiveness isn’t an easy act but a needed one.” To my great rejoicing, two individuals who through very unkind acts that took place two years ago, to God’s glory and praise all by the name of Jesus, experienced forgiveness being asked for and reconciliation being the result of such humility. Praise the Lord! As it is written, I experienced firsthand what Jesus proclaimed true of Himself:

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” (Luke 4:18-19). Jesus did just that! This Gospel speaks of forgiving those that you may be forgiven (Matthew 6:14-15). Through confession of sin (James 5:16), through asking forgiveness for wrongdoings (1 John 1:9), broken hearts can be healed. Confession frees the soul of agonizing torment.

What took place on December 25, 2013 truly made the eyes blinded by anger and hurt to be open to the forgiveness that comes by the name of Jesus. Harboring hatred oppresses our hearts and we remain stuck in the past relieving the pain we went through as if we’re going through it when ever we are in the vicinity of those who have hurt us or their name(s) is mentioned. This acceptable year of the Lord is known as Jubilee (Leviticus 25). A grand celebration that took place on the 50th year from the time God brought a people into a land He had promised them, were those who lost land regained it. Debts were forgiven and slaves were released and went back to their homeland. On December 25, 2013 I experienced firsthand this moment of Jubilee; this acceptable year of the Lord. The pain, shame, unforgiveness, guilt and bitterness were all released from being harbored. Through Jesus Christ, freedom became possible and two people were set free from the prison of their past, to now be able to fully experience what the Lord Jesus has for them. Amen!

Beloved, a Christmas Miracle is what took place above in that very moment, and the above words were written less than a year ago. Today, being (November 24, 2014) and by the time you read this it will be exactly a year till date as I will schedule this post for December 25, 2014. I pray, that the next words to be written, will emphasize the entirety of the Christmas Miracle that abiding in Jesus can bring all. Oh Lord, let it be so. Amen.

As I reflect on what would constitute a Christmas Miracle, and in deciding to make this quite the simple reading to ingest, I can’t help but think of my Christmas Miracle that took place on July 3, 2009. That’s right! Five months prior to the month we usually attribute miracles to, was when I experienced such a miracle. Why would I define such a day as a miracle? I define it as a miracle, because in no way, shape or form, could I have accomplished nor anyone else for that matter, accomplish what took place on that miraculous day.

As I went on a walk today in which I always look forward to and they don’t happen as often as I would like them to, I reflected on that very day that took place over five years ago. I thought of how I was as a man. The shocking thing is, what I once was or rather, what I once embodied, was quite the frightening thing. My character; my very nature was that of a monster. I say monster, as I was quite the selfish person. I was cruel. I was a liar. I was a thief, I verbally was a murderer. I cared about myself and only myself and my actions proved that. I was given over to anger frequently and I yelled, argued, and belittled those close to me.

Now none of this sounds like a stage to experience a miracle, but that’s just it! A miracle doesn’t come to those who are deserving, but quite the contrary. A miracle defies the human boundaries, of what we consider good or bad, whether we are of a certain color, background or creed. A miracle from God, is the very best miracle there is, as God is not blind to our ways of being indifferent to one another yet it never influences His character as He operates purely from His unconditional love, unbiased grace and enduring mercy. Therefore, at that, I was a prime candidate to receive a miracle and a miracle I received.

Even with all my ugliness on the outside and my filthiness on the inside, I was hurting. I was in need, and after many tragic events leading to July 3, 2009 in which, I in a hundred life times could not make up for it, I, Flavio Anthony Lugo, in my brokenness and shame and utter contempt of myself, cried out to God, “God I can’t take this anymore. Please help me!”

 
And so I asked with desperation and in agony, and so He answered in truth.
 
 
“Let me not be put to shame, Lord, for I have cried out to you.”
“Anyone who believes in Him will never be put to shame.”
 (Psalm 31:17; Romans 10:11 NIV)
 


I have often thought of this night and I have often written of this account in my life, however I will not record all the details here this time. What I will write about is the consistency of a miracle and the consistency of the Miracle Giver.

God who is the Miracle Giver, in that, with unconditional love, unbiased grace and enduring mercy, makes Himself readily available and is always consistent in His character, is the One who keeps the miracle going. I have personally witnessed Christmas Miracles taking place, however, sadly, I have also witnessed a people not walk in the love and power of this miracle for long. Like something that fades, their enthusiasm in their miracle faded away. This is something that even I have shamefully done, however, in no way does it reflect God’s goodness and faithfulness. He alone, is consistent even when we aren’t.

Jesus said anyone who sees Him sees God. Therefore, anyone who knows Jesus in a very personal and intimate way, knows God in the same manner. Jesus is the Christmas Miracle from God and He was my miracle on July 3, 2009 and He was the miracle on December 25, 2013. And today (being December 25, 2014) when you read this, Jesus can become your consistent miracle. May you, unwrap the Christmas Miracle of Jesus in your life, in your marriage, in your families, in your spirit, in your soul and in your body. Amen.

I cried out to God in a simplistic yet genuine way over five years ago, and He was faithful and good to answer. Whichever way you cry out to Him, let it be a beautiful exchange between you and Him. No matter the circumstances or situation that leads you to cry out to Him, what results is beautiful. How I pray, truly pray, that it will be a personal, intimate and powerful experience, that years later, the miracle of Jesus, will not have faded, but like my life now, it proves to be the very thing that out shines everything else. Amen.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment