Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Two by two: (Mark 6:7-13)

 
 


Beloved, as with many writings of mine, I will start this with a confession, as it is proper and fitting to start with confession. For where the Lord Jesus is at, there is confession. I was once married for a year and a half. Sadly, I did not walk in the power of the Husband, nor did we experience the love, power and authority of God’s blessing on our marriage. We had every opportunity to experience it as I was prior to my marriage a confessed Christian by the act of an alter call and baptism. However, I was not a practicing one, and shortly after my confession and baptism I slid away from the Lord Jesus for three years. Many days now, when the Lord is speaking to me concerning the power of the Husband and the sanctity of marriage, I reflect on my failed marriage and more so, my failure in leading my wife. But it has been my prayer and indeed I know it will be so. That when marriage befalls me again, I will walk in the power of the Husband and lead my wife triumphantly as Christ leads His Church. Praise the Lord! With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...

 
And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits. (Mark 6:7)

So they went out and preached that people should repent. And they cast out many demons, and anointed with oil many who were sick, and healed them. (Mark 6:12-13)

All that I write here today is divinely inspired by God, and He inspired me through the writing of one Preston Bryant (a friend of mine on YouVersion). As I read the above coupled with what he had written and what I have read concerning Jesus sending them out two by two, the Father shows me something quite wonderful concerning marriage.

 

 
The Lord God has created and designed two by two for all powerful occasions to reveal His glory.

two by two they went into the ark to Noah, male and female, as God had commanded Noah.
(Genesis 7:9 emphasis added by me)

And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh in which is the breath of life.
(Genesis 7:15 emphasis added by me)


  • Marriage has been perverted and distorted and downright not appreciated by so many throughout so many millennia, that we strain our eyes and our ears to see a glimpse of what it formerly was and to hear the beauty it was designed for.

  • Marriage is more than a man and a woman getting together and having a big party in order to say “I do” when most times they don’t.

  • Marriage is more than two people sharing a last name and on occasion deciding not to share it.

  • Marriage is more than the “American Dream” of obtaining a house with 3 bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a two car a garage, with two children, a dog and a yard.

  • Marriage is more than vacations, birthday parties and working for a living to pay off the mortgage, bills and the children’s after school and summer activities.

  • Marriage is more than attending Church on a Sunday and thinking you have fulfilled your godly duty as a Christian.


In the proper perspective all those things can bring a satisfying enjoyment if they’re leveraged for the kingdom of heaven.


However, as wonderful as my Father God is to me, this is what He says and shows me. The two joining one flesh become this super power; this dynamic duo! That have the privilege and honor if they remain abiding in Christ, to show God’s love, power and authority here on earth. They in essence go out into the world to conquer it in the power of Christ!

They speak of Him and what He has done for them, and this will bring about conviction and [repentance]. They have the power and authority in Jesus name to overtake evil powers [demons] and through the power of the Spirit [anointing with oil] to bring healing to many [the sick].

There’s far more power in marriage then this world and the devil will elude to, however, thanks be to God in Christ the Lord, if marriage is what He sees fit for our lives, we can ask Him to bless us to have such a marriage and have the mindset, that unless we have such a marriage we want no marriage at all!


Therefore, let us pray:

Father God, Jesus was right when He said, ‘you have but one Father and He is in heaven’ and you Father God are a holy God. You are set apart to love us unconditionally and sacrificially. You are there to raise us up to live proper lives; extraordinary lives. Without you there is no love, and we thank you that we are loved by you and can love others as you love. Thank you for designing marriage, creating such a holy union, that reveals your beauty. The world has perverted and distorted what you originally created, but we want what you have to give. Give us if it is your will, a marriage that will testify of your love, reveal your power and walk in your authority. Without you this is impossible. With you all things are possible. We believe in the sanctity of marriage according to your Word. Bless us with this marriage, and bless our thoughts, words and actions in this marriage to glorify you always. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment