Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Worth of God in the Palm of our Hands


 

 

“If you know your worth go out and get your worth.” I have heard this saying before and today, being (June 10, 2014) it became more prevalent to me than ever before. Let us not settle or lessen our worth due to scarcity, impatience, loneliness, desperation and/or lack of knowledge. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...

Beloved, I am a writer. That is what I get the most joy out of. I have heard from fellow writers, “it’s not about the money, it’s about getting God’s Word out.” Today I experienced a man; a street vendor, approaching my car and try to sell me his rap cd. He was a fast talker and tried to be a smooth talker. His very last words to me in a last ditch effort to get me to buy his cd were, “I was gonna sell my cd to you for a dollar!”

As I drove off, of course having not purchased his cd for a $1, I immediately thought to myself, “I’m glad I didn’t buy his cd for a dollar, as he didn’t know his worth and his hard work is certainly worth more than a dollar!”
 

Beloved, if you know your worth make sure you get your worth. Your worth has nothing to do with selling yourself short, taking advantage of others, and it certainly has nothing to do with offering what you believe to be invaluable for a price that doesn’t reflect that.


After I wrote all that the above entails, I asked myself: Where in God’s Word does it specifically speak to the worth of what we do? I couldn’t think of anything in specific, so I asked God to show me where He spoke about this. The below hones in exactly what we all need, in order to know the worth of God in the palm of our hands.

“What is the price of five sparrows? A couple of pennies? Not much more than that. Yet God does not forget a single one of them. And he knows the number of hairs on your head! Never fear, you are far more valuable to him than a whole flock of sparrows.” (Luke 12:6-7 TLB emphasis added by me)

“The Father loves his Son and has put everything into his hands.” (John 3:35 NLT)

“Jesus knew that the Father had given him authority over everything and that he had come from God and would return to God.” (John 13:3 NLT)


Once again, as I thought of God’s Word, the above was brought to mind. Now at first glance it doesn’t speak to knowing your worth or the worth of what you produce, but it does speak to your self-worth concerning your relationship with God as a child of God in Christ (John 1:12-13), in which is far more valuable.
 

Jesus was loved by His Father and He absolutely knew this. He was entrusted with everything and knew to Whom He belonged to.
 

In the Father/Son relationship, we see how we must carry out all of our affairs in life. Through certainty and humility.
 

Now getting back to knowing what your worth is when it comes to your work and what you produce for wealth. If God has indeed blessed the work of your hands, let not scarcity, impatience, loneliness, desperation and/or lack of knowledge keep you from receiving what you are worth. 

How I pray, O Lord, God of heaven and earth, Master of the Universe. That your all surpassing wisdom, knowledge and understanding will be with us all and keep us from living undervalued lives and from treating others undervalued. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment