Monday, May 5, 2014

Prayer 101: Always A Time of Confession (all the promises of God are Yes and Amen)




For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV)




Beloved, I would like to stand before you as a man who has never doubted, never spoke a word to the Lord telling Him to rush His ways, never given into fear or showing moments of thanklessness, but that would be a lie. 

What is true of me is that I have indeed been doubtful. I have indeed grown impatient with Him. I have not always been thankful in every circumstance and situation and I fail Him everyday. However, thanks be to God for His reassuring Word that is always on time! With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...


Beloved, as I am typing this paragraph, in which is in addition to what was originally written, I wanted to add that our struggles; the believers struggle, the Christian struggle should not be a struggle that is a result of our sinful ways; that is, going against Gods will, but rather because we are standing for Christ. We may not all prosper in the same way, and we may not all experience the same struggles at the same time, but as Christians we are not alone in this struggle for the sake of Christ. As I was reminded of His Word, you can (click here) to take in the blessing, the reminder and the direction we Christians need to continue walking with and remaining in Christ.  

These are three sure promises from God Himself to me and when He said them to me. He has said these very things to me: 

“I come to you with a Gift that no one can take away. When you lay your head down and rise again, your eyes will be opened and you will now see. Your ears will be opened and you will now hear. Everything will be different.” (2009).

“Your name is Patience.” (2009).

“You will not be a rich man [one who clings to the things of the earth or this world and does not enter into the kingdom of heaven], but you will be a thankful man [one who enters into the kingdom of heaven and has eternal life].” (2010).

The direct quote above is explained quite clear in these verses. Click on the verses (Matthew 19:16-30; Mark 10:17-31).


Beloved, I have my moments as we all do, that impatience gets the best of me, yet His Promises stand firm!

  • We may give into doubt, but He is ever faithful!
  • We may give way to fear for a time, but the Lord our great God will strengthen us if we look to Him!

I am refreshed by these words and I pray, you will to, and I absolutely knew that today’s reading from “Authentic Prayer” by James MacDonald (found on YouVersion/Bible.com) was the very word I needed and it surely was. Click the YouVersion/Bible.com above to go to the plan. 

Like a sigh of relief, a breath of fresh air, is the Word of God to a man (to everyone) who is experiencing depression or great struggles. Praise the Lord for His unfailing Word that is proper, perfect, good and is always at the ready in and out of season. Halleluyah!

Remember this beloved, and I am ministered to by this in this very moment of writing this (May 5, 2014 2:10pm): “All the promises of God are Yes and Amen.”

Below is the reading plan from “Authentic Prayer” by James MacDonald. Read on and RECEIVE THE BLESSING and by all means copy it and post it on your notes or social media page.


God’s Insurance

I believe that God answers every prayer. But it’s crucial for us to remember who we’re talking to in prayer. We’re not giving God orders and He’s not at all hesitant about the way He answers.

The first answer is “Yes.” That’s the most frequent answer you get to prayer. I have never asked for strength and not received it. I have never, ever prayed for wisdom and not received it. But I have often not prayed for wisdom and regretted the decisions that I made. When I’ve applied (James 1:5) and recognized my lack of wisdom and asked God to supply, He has delivered! Most biblical praying receives an immediate “Yes.” 

God’s second answer to prayer is “No.” That’s why (James 4:2) says, “You do not have because you do not ask.” But the only time you get a “no” is if you pray for stupid stuff or if you pray for good stuff with a timeline. I have found God very unresponsive to my ultimatums. God doesn’t respond to blustering, bluffing, or threats. If we’re praying foolishly, we’ll get a “no.” 

But if I’m praying according to God’s will, entrusting my future in God’s hands, He has a third option: “Wait.” The only thing between you and the delayed “yes” is time. How often do we forfeit our “delayed yes” through doubt? God has made promises about a lot of stuff, but He retains the sovereign choice of timing. So we pray unceasingly, and we wait patiently.

Prayer: Father, I don’t want to derail Your promises by my doubts and impatience. Thank You for reminding me that Your timing is perfect, that Your ways are right, and that Your plans are always best! Help me to keep returning to Your promises and resting in You as I wait to see Your answers to my prayers. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment