Wednesday, April 23, 2014

What we expose ourselves to is what we become







This is a writing that highlights reflection as well as confession. Revealing what are the things of this world and what are the things of heaven. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...


The Word of God explicitly reveals to us what we can obviously see in ourselves and cannot deny as history has proven it over and over again like multiple testimonies towards the human condition: “There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death” (Proverbs 14:12, 16:25). There is a saying. Maybe you have heard of it. If it is in black and white there is no refuting it, however, let me take it another step further. Every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. (Deuteronomy 17:6, 19:15; Matthew 18:16; John 8:17). By such knowledge and understanding coming to us, let us see what exposing ourselves to is what we become. Below are many links to reveal the great blessing that awaits us if confession is made upon the reflection of all that will unfold here. May the Lord Jesus who forgives, sets free, and establishes a man who calls on His name, be the One who you will come in contact with and I pray, remain in close proximity to. Amen.


[The way that seems right to a man] Contact high: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_high



[The way that is right before the sight of God]: Those who were in close contact with Jesus, did as He did. They baptized others with the Holy Spirit, they preached the gospel, and they also baptized with water (Matthew 3:11; Acts 2:1-12; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 8:26-39; Acts 9:10-22; Acts 19:1-7; John 3:22; John 4:1-2).

[The way that is right before the sight of God]: This baptizing with water signified a close proximity with John the Baptist (Matthew 3:11) yet revealed that a watery baptism was equally of great importance to Jesus as well as to all who would follow Him (Matthew 3:13-15). 


As the links above indicate. Contact high and secondhand smoke (being in close proximity to) experiences become you. I am proof of that. I too, in my former years apart from Christ spent time in close proximity to and in contact with those who smoked marijuana and I experienced the side effects in those times as becoming lightheaded, teary-eyed, red-eyed, thirsty, hungry and with a sense of carelessness of a jovial kind of state. The verses above (in which you can click on) reveal what is right before God’s eyes and the results of them, that bless a man in this life yet more importantly produces an eternal blessing in the life after in Christ.


I have also known the effects of actually smoking marijuana and the above effects mentioned were exactly what I experienced on a firsthand basis.

I have also known the secondhand effects of cigarette smoke. The coughing, choking and burning sensation in my throat due to some of my family members being smokers. 

I am now experiencing more and more the effects of being and remaining in close proximity to and in contact with Jesus, as He declares, “If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit..” (John 15:5).


I look to experience all that I can experience while remaining in contact and close proximity with Jesus. There is a contact and closeness to things or people that lead to bad things or good things. I have known both. I have known the consequences of being high and the poor feeling health wise of secondhand smoke. I have known the glory of walking with Jesus and having faith and complete trust in Him. We all have the power of choice and we can choose to embrace those things that lead to life or those things that lead to death. The choice is ours. What will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment