Friday, February 21, 2014

Psalm 32





‘and in whose spirit is no deceit.’


Beloved, as I was reflecting on the goodness of God this morning (being February 21, 2014), and further reflecting on His goodness and faithfulness revealed in Psalm 32, He started to speak to me and reveal to me, that I am not merely to read His Word or more specifically, glance it over; skim it over, but meditate in it day and night and see to do all that it says. For in that, and that alone, my feet will be planted firmly on a prosperous road and come to know good success. In that, I, you and all of us will come to test and prove, what is that good, pleasing and perfect will of God. How I pray, we will all by the end of this new blog post, come to meditate in His Word and experience the Lord God’s presence like never before! With that, I thank my God who empowers me and equips me to invite you into my HEART...



Blessed is the one whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the one whose sin the Lord does not count against them and in whose spirit is no deceit. When I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy on me; my strength was sapped as in the heat of summer. Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Therefore let all the faithful pray to you while you may be found; surely the rising of the mighty waters will not reach them. You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you. Do not be like the horse or the mule, which have no understanding but must be controlled by bit and bridle or they will not come to you. Many are the woes of the wicked, but the Lord’s unfailing love surrounds the one who trusts in him. Rejoice in the Lord and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart! (Psalm 32:1-11 NIV)


This timeless truth above, I posted on My Instagram Page (last night being February 20, 2014) for all to delight in. Not only does it highlight what the Lord God does in ones life when they turn towards Him and call on Him, but it also shows the result of ones life that has been saved and transformed by the Lord: There is no deceit found in them.


All that I am inspired to write is not merely for the readers enjoyment, but truly, for the reader to gain understanding and knowledge. Therefore, what is it to have no deceit in us? We are to God’s glory and praise, at all cost, a truth teller; one who is of confession. 



Know this! If we have deceit in us the truth cannot be heard; it cannot be spoken with power and authority.


Think about it. In this day at its early time while the sun is still out (or perhaps you are reading this and where you are at the sun has gone down. What was the direction of your thoughts, words and actions) have you lied to anyone? Even the popular misconception of a “little white lie.” Have you given your word and not deliver on it? Have you held back who you truly are to please people and gain that position into their inner circle? Have you held back your thoughts; your emotions in a certain relationship because you are afraid to hurt their feelings or what they will think of you or do? Have you held back a much needed candid conversation with the one you’re thinking of marrying, because they may not want to marry you anymore once they heard what you have to say, however, what they want to do goes against your beliefs? Have you held back from yourself; being honest with yourself of what you’re doing; what you’re viewing, what you’re listening to; what you’re saying? Have you said “I do” in your marriage vowels and yet live with your spouse and respond back to them as if you truly said, “I don’t?” Have you deceived God, in that you have held your heart from Jesus and what He is calling you to, even though you walked up believing in your heart He is the Risen God, and you confessed from your very own mouth, ‘You are Lord and I make you my Lord and Savior?” 




This is that moment one comes to, that they will reject what they have read; what they have heard, as it is written, “faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.” Or perhaps, and this I pray, conviction has come and the Light of the Gospel; the Light of the Word of God who is Jesus Christ the Lord, has indeed called out to you; has indeed reached out to you, and touched your heart and confession is made unto righteousness. Call on Him; respond back to Him, confess your sin to Him. He is faithful and just to forgive you.


If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. 
(I John 1:8-10 NKJV)

But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” (that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 
(Romans 10:8-10 NKJV)


And this is what the Lord Jesus responds back to us with, that we may know where we stand with Him

“If you love Me, keep My commandments. 
(John 14:15 NKJV)

You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. 
(John 15:14 NKJV)

Did you notice what I noticed? Both the above are mirror-image of each other. They are both in perfect order and harmony with one another. Even to the degree that one is 14:15 and the other is 15:14.


But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. 
(James 1:22-25 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment