Friday, February 28, 2014

The Soul Winner’s Desire of the Heart







The desires of our hearts can be numerous.

 Those DESIRES, if given to us by God Himself, will all paint a beautiful picture and a wonderful outcome. Whether it be marriage, children, a job, a home for your family, they are all wonderful. But this desire I write about today is the desire of one mans heart to become a SOUL WINNER. This soul winning is not for the faint of heart; matter of fact! It will take all of Jesus the Savior of the world to be fully at work in and through you to hold such a glorious office and calling of a winner of souls. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...





Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn, your vindication like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil. For those who are evil will be destroyed, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land. 
(Psalm 37:3-9 NIV)



So great is my desire and it is ever increasing to be a soul winner. The grandest of endeavors, and let it be so unto me as I believe: The manner in which the Lord Jesus won over souls by giving His entire life to the work of Salvation, so shall it be unto me! I in every respect will have died to myself that Christ who is indeed the life and the resurrection will live bursting out of my heart, explosive out of my soul, powerful in my speech and always sincere in my actions, that I will have lost the name Flavio Anthony Lugo forever, and all that remains, is THE SOUL WINNER. Oh that such a life I would live to God’s glory and praise, whereby many souls shall be won over. Amen. 


Know this! No soul is won over from being ‘dead in sin’ into Eternal life in Christ, unless their is a connection between you and them. If you cannot become one with their deepest need; that of their soul to be saved and not to perish in the lake of fire, you by all accounts will never win over a soul, even if it was dangling right in front of you for the taking! 


How can one not be so sincere in his love and dedication to his Savior, when he was once so deep in sin, his permanent stomping grounds were on the bank of that horrific fiery lake?! The one who writes this, is such a one who has a love and dedication to the Savior, for it wasn’t a sweet cozy place He rescued me from, but from the blackest of darkness. This was His salvage mission and it took His very life on the Cross to accomplish it. From there He entered that most memorable and horrific place called hell, that I was growing comfortable to know and forever reside in, and there, the Lord Jesus preached the Gospel and I was won over! 

No, this is praise worthy, and matter of fact, must be the outcome of all soul winners if they are to be identified with the Christ who is the Breath of Life unto all dead men’s bones: “But we were gentle in the midst of you, as when a nurse cherisheth her own children: even so, being affectionately desirous of you, we were well pleased to impart unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were become very dear to us” (1 Thessalonians 2:7-8 ASV).

No comments:

Post a Comment