Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rose of Flavio: From God’s Heart to My Heart, From My Heart to God’s Heart





“I am the Rose of Sharon, And the lily of the valleys. Like a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.” (Song of Solomon 2:1-2)



Beloved, I went to sleep and woke up with these words in my heart and on my mind, “Like a rose, trampled on the ground. You took the fall and thought of me above all” from the worship song by Michael W. Smith titled “Above All.”  I was thinking of my Beloved Jesus. When I woke up I was also thinking of the Rose of Sharon, and how it pertained to someone; how it pertained to me! I wanted to know further what was the meaning or feeling and truth behind this Rose of Sharon. My heart and soul started to sing to the Lord. It wasn’t complete, but it was coming out. What started as the Rose of Sharon quickly became the Rose of Flavio. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...




In the two above scriptures we have a dialogue. This dialogue is between a bride and her bridegroom. The first verse is the bride declaring to her bridegroom; her beloved, that she is a common flower found in Israel and that she is a thorn among many beautiful things. The word valley, here, represents the lowest point or the lowest form; the lowest class. One would gather from this that this new bride, has very low self-esteem, but this would be a mistake. This bride is absolutely humbled that her bridegroom would choose her among all those she considered to be more beautiful and more desirable then her. It shows her gratitude and humility to be considered if anything, worthy to be by his side. The second portion of the two verses of dialogue between a married couple (that being of a king marrying a peasant or common woman as it were) shows the very heart of the king and his absolute adoring love towards his bride. In that he sings to her these beautiful words that reassures her that she is the one he has willingly chosen, Like a lily among thorns, So is my love among the daughters. Daughters here, signifies all the women in all of Israel. 

The bridegroom declares this beautiful song of his adoration for his bride, for her reassurance, that she is a most beautiful blossoming flower; like one who has a humble heart. She is splendid before his eyes and gives off to his heart a pungent scent that has him captivated with her. He sees her as absolute beauty among ugliness; one who stands out among the rest! In his eyes, she is not common as she views herself, but she is not so common, and he is willing to reaffirm her then she can see herself as he sees her. He in his love, has chosen her over all the others.


This is a love story unfolding. In the natural or in the flesh, this is a love story between an earthly king and a common woman who is a peasant and by her status and background, should never be in the midst or class of royalty, yet royalty choose what was most common, to become what was least common and be equal to him in royalty and majesty... to be his queen.


In the spiritual, the Bridegroom; the Beloved, is Jesus. The Shulamite bride or common; peasant woman, is the human race and its current status being apart from God in sin. Jesus is the King of kings. He is Ruler of all rulers. In His divine nature, being that of Eternal royalty, He willingly stepped down from His throne on High to come to the lowest parts, being earth, to choose us the human race, to no longer be apart from God in our sin, but equal in His love by our faith through His grace; not of our own doing but of His. He Jesus, is the Beloved; the Bridegroom and He chooses you and I over those to whom consider themselves beautiful, perfect, worthy and lacking nothing; needing nothing. We, who humbly to come to Him, knowing we are unworthy, we are not beautiful, we are common and not of anything to be looked at, will receive the song of Jesus’ life, crucifixion, death, burial, resurrection and ascension as our song from Him, declaring in His love, we are more than beautiful, we are not common, we are His beloved and He has willingly chosen us!

This that has opened up from God’s heart to my heart to all your precious hearts, is so beautiful, truly, I declare, I have failed to convey Jesus’ love for us in a manner that is worthy of His praise, nevertheless, I shall share faithfully and accurately that which He has revealed to me. Amen.

But this I pray now, Lord, in your love for us, that causes me to weep and rejoice without end, I ask that you graciously open up their eyes that they may see. That you open up their ears that they may hear. That you open up their hearts that they may receive your unconditional and sacrificial love, that declares to us on the Cross in the most beautiful song that has ever been sung... you are the object of My affection.


Here is my song to my Beloved Jesus: I Am the Rose of Flavio

I am the Rose of Flavio,
One who is not worthy to be looked at.
Surrounded by the successful and elite,
Who am I to be noticed?
In the darkness of this valley,
A glimmer of hope I have not.

But You, most beautiful,
Came to me and drew near to me.
You called out to me and said to me,
Beautiful one, I see you among the filth and you shine before My eyes.

You bought me as one who presents His wealth to a father,
 For his daughter’s hand in marriage.
You brought me close to You,
As the One I know affectionately as the lover of my soul.
How can I ever repay you for your grace and kindness?
But You say, what is to repay My Beloved?
You are Mine and I am yours.

How I can see and hear now.
How I can love now.
How sweet Your love is for me,
And my soul knows it all too well!

As one who is now forever Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment