Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My Struggles... His Triumph (the sequel)

 In my struggle You are triumphant. In my weakness You are strong. In my despair You are joy. So I know though I struggle, I will be triumphant. Thank You Jesus!


In case you were wondering where’s the original, since this is the sequel, here’s a link to my Facebook page. Add me as a friend, and you can read the original in “My Notes”: My Struggles... His Triumph


Beloved, today as I had my quiet time with the Lord, my time with Him was ignited!...
This firing ignition, came from a friendly reminder from my beloved (Mishel). Last night I asked her to pray for my uninterrupted rest as for the past three days I hadn’t been resting well, due to being constantly awakened by interruption early in the a.m.

This morning her reminder to me was about prayer. She said she indeed prayed for my uninterrupted rest (in which was answered as I rested so much better... Thank you Lord!) ‘but mostly for good habits to be created.’

As I thought about her words, I asked God this question, “Lord, can such good habits be created even when our surroundings are unstable?” I was instantly reminded of His words, ‘anything is possible for the one who believes.’ (Mark 9:23 NIV) Amen.

After that, I decided to read my daily devotion to further ignite my time with the Lord this morning. The words below are an excerpt from a devotional titled “Imitate the Good.”

In a heated conflict, we may be tempted to “fight fire with fire.” Yet John (the apostle John) urges us to turn away from what is bad and follow what is good. This is the pathway that honors our Savior. —David McCasland


As I read the above words, I was instantly reminded of two moments in my weekend where I fought fire with fire. One occurred when I heard these words referred to me, “have you ever heard the saying, ‘if you don’t have anything good to say, don’t say anything at all.’”

Those words hurt me, as I realized a bad thought (hurtful thought) had been thought concerning me. In hearing those words and realizing such a hurtful thought was towards me, it was like a dagger plunged into my chest, and then further twisted.

My reaction was to remain silent and distance myself, but God is faithful, as He didn’t allow such hurt and separation to remain, as connection occurred again, conversation commenced again, and it ended with a gesture of love from myself as I cleaned off sand from their feet.

Such love comes from God above (James 1:17). Such gestures of humility and kindness come from the Lord, as He too, cleaned the dirt from the feet of those who either fully didn’t embrace Him and understand Him. You can read about it [here].

The other moment occurred with my mother. We both were in her kitchen. She was on the phone and I was preparing something to eat for us. I let the dogs out to play in the back yard and do their business. My mother screamed out, ‘where are the dogs?’ as is her custom, yet I responded back with fire as well, in saying ‘they’re fine. They’re right there! It’s not like they went to another country.’

My reacting response didn’t go over well with my mom. But God is faithful, as later on in the evening as my mother was preparing to go to work and had no time to eat or prepare her lunch, I was moved to prepare her meal, snack and drink as if a parent preparing their child’s lunch for school. Everything except a note to have a good day and I love you was included (Ha!).

It was a gesture of humility and kindness towards my mom, that no doubt was possible with God. Amen!

If I didn’t imitate what was good, then the evils of words exchanged and hurtful thoughts, would have showed that I didn’t belong to God.

Here are those great words of advice; for right living, to imitate the good.

“My dear friend, do not imitate what is bad, but imitate what is good. Whoever does good belongs to God; whoever does what is bad has not seen God.” (3 John 1:11 GNT)

Great words to live by. Amazing advice for our lives. Just now the word “seen” stands out above the rest. To see something is to experience something. To see, is to know and understand. To see, is not to be blind to anything, but able to take in everything. To see... is comfort, truth, foundational and promising. To see, is to embrace.


So, whenever we do bad, none of the above applies to us when it comes to God working in and through our lives. Our lives won’t be an example that we have seen, known and belong to God. Our lives won’t show that we understand and embrace God’s amazing grace. Our lives won’t be able to take in God’s glory that is absolutely all around us. Our lives won’t show the comfort of God’s peace, or that we are firm in the foundational promises of God’s Word— which is Truth!


So, I am further reminded by the words below from the apostle Paul and from the Lord Jesus, that in order to belong to God, that I can see it and others can see it in my life as well, I must embrace these fundamental truths:

“Do not let yourself be overcome by evil, but overcome (master) evil with good.” (Romans 12:21 AMP)

Therefore beloved, let us rejoice and remain hopeful in our faith, and continue to lift up our prayers for ourselves and others, and look to connect with God as we seek Him in His Word, as the Lord Jesus says plainly to us... ‘what is impossible for people, is possible with God.’ (Luke 18:27) Amen.

It’s my prayer today, that just as I experienced moments where God wasn’t able to be seen in my life by my words and actions, yet God was faithful to move in me and remind me of His Word and love for me and others, you too! Will not only experience such exchanges of love and kindness, but pray to God to help you create habits of love and kindness towards others as well. Amen.

Beloved, may the God of all comfort, love, joy, hope and peace protect your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus, and remember As light overcomes darkness, goodness can overcome evil. Amen.

As always... YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment