Thursday, September 13, 2012

Quiet Time: Devote Some Time

We all need it, and its available to all who desire it. Whichever way it comes in your life... make it personal.



Beloved, today I come to you with some distressing news.Yesterday, I didn’t experience my quiet time with the Lord, and my day was filled with anxiety, heaviness of heart, consuming thoughts, and fatigue.

I felt trapped, and unable to escape in my day. Instead of things flowing well, there was a sense of struggle as if pushing against a wall. Instead of experience the Lord’s joy I felt I had to push hard in order to have some peace.

After my morning and afternoon, there was a break in my struggle as I went walking with my beloved (Mishel). Our walk together was certainly good, healthy and relaxing but I was missing that connection with the Lord— My Quiet Time with Him.

Just before going to bed as is my custom to do now, I choose a word to look up in my Bible. This word was faithful. As I read many verses in scripture that spoke about how faithful God is, how the faithful in God live, I was so grateful to God for His faithfulness simply as a loving God and His faithfulness to see our journey all the way through to completion.

These are the words, I spoke directly to God just before I went to bed (12:30 a.m. 9/13/2012):

Beloved, as my day has come to a close and I am ready to rest now, I wanted to share what I said to the Lord moments ago. ‘You are so faithful. Just as You extend grace and mercy, I too, pray and ask, knowing that I am human and capable of weakness, will extend grace and mercy as You have done all my life! You didn’t extend Your grace and mercy to me once, not twice, not even a thousand times. But every moment of my life!

Beloved, God is faithful, gracious and merciful. Please do not allow this world or Satan to sink lies into you otherwise. We are all capable of weakness, but God is faithful to hear and answer the prayers of those who truly desire to acknowledge Him for who He really is.
I thank the Lord I could experience such a blessed moment and end to my day, and pass it along to you.

Quiet time to many of us may come in the morning... even very early in the morning, or just when we are about to go to sleep. I suppose it depends on our schedules and responsibilities, but one thing is for sure! Quiet time with our Creator God is necessary if we want to experience the very best we can, and not experience struggle but rather the Lord’s peace that leads to joy. Amen.

I’m not sure where you get your quiet time in with God, but if you have experienced a day like my day yesterday, you already know the importance of putting God first— God is our portion, blessing and joy. As the Psalmist put it so transparently:

“O God, you are my God, and I long for you. My whole being desires you; like a dry, worn-out, and waterless land, my soul is thirsty for you.” (Psalm 63:1 GNT)

You can just hear the cries for affection. The need to draw near to God. The need of God’s presence in this individuals life, then he could receive his portion, blessing and joy from the God he sought out with all that he was... Amazing!


A simple solution that has helped me out


1. A simple Prayer: God, connect with me here, as I seek you in your Word.

2. Your Starting Point: Begin with focus and openness to see what God has for you.

3. When reading your bible: Read the selected section of Scripture slowly. Take note of intriguing words and phrases and read them a second time.

4. Think about what you just read: Reflect on what strikes you as you read. Think through what God is communicating to you at this point in your life.

5. Quiet time at its peak: Respond to the passage. Speak to God directly about what’s on your mind and heart. Look for ways to live out what you’ve uncovered.


Beloved, as I have experienced the parched feeling within my soul of not drawing near to God, I pray my words and my experience, will further spur you on to seek God out in quiet time, as well as with your whole heart, mind, body and soul. Amen.


As always... YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment