Monday, August 27, 2012

Understanding The New Normal




Life can quickly change quicker than the blink of an eye. What do we do when that happens? Todays blog post speaks to that. YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS IT!



Those words in the title to me, “The New Normal” didn’t take on any form of struggle or hurt, but this morning as I read about a pastor who was trained in trauma and grief counseling, I was awakened to such words.

These words ring out to me. The trauma of losing someone and something you were used to having in your life, brings grief. I find myself here now. It’s my New Normal and it is hard to cope with.

Sometimes all you have is God to understand your pain and to cry out to. In my life now I must look to Him. In fact, if I’m honest with myself, with God as well as you, I am forced to look to God now. But isn’t that our “normal?” We look everywhere else and come to realize it didn’t help. It didn’t take the pain away. It didn’t give us a new sense of purpose, hope and a future to look towards with excitement.

You know what I mean. Looking everywhere else doesn’t necessarily need to be looking for help from someone or in something, but remaining busy with something or someone.

This morning my “New Normal” caught my attention. I was used to receiving word from a particular person, but I didn’t. Very specific words that excited me and made me feel loved.

After that moment of my “New Normal” these words filled my heart and my mind, “I shed tears often... But do you even care?” As I walked away from that moment these very words filled my mind, “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.” (1 Peter 5:7 NLT)

Now pay attention to how I said they filled my mind. I’m struggling to have these words planted in my heart firmly because I’m in a place in my life where action is demanded of me. But isn’t that where you may be at? The demands of life are weighing heavy on you, and you struggle to believe God will care if you’re struggling or not.

But as I mentioned earlier, if we aren’t looking towards God voluntarily we will get to a point where we’re looking towards Him forcefully. It won’t be by force on His part, but ours. The choice to cry out to God for help will become the one an only true choice.

I’m reminded of this verse in scripture that is most likely in the top 10 favorite and famous verses of all time. “For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome (future).” (Jeremiah 29:11 AMP emphasis added)

So much comfort comes from the words above. Although I may be shaken and I may not understand fully my next steps, as I’m sure you may not be, God understands. God knows. God is fully aware with the next step all the way to the last step. But here’s the kicker! These thoughts of ours may very well hurt us and cripple us if we allow them to, but God’s thoughts and plans for us won’t hurt or cripple us, but quite the contrary. They are to benefit us, give us peace, hope and a future worth getting excited about. Amen.

Now, my “New Normal” may not be a cushion position I want to find myself in, but although this time in my life is tough for me, as it may be for you, we can look to God who not only cares about us, but also has good things in store for us. Amen.

Just as I wrote last night You Are There... I Am Here: Relationships Strained Can Be Mended, I leave you with these last encouraging words... Let us live right in the light of His glory. Amen.


As always... YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment