Thursday, August 30, 2012

Does The Heavenly Father Hear Us?



Today’s blog post will cause the heart to open up and be healed. It will cause doubt to be extinguished. It will cause worry to be quieted, and it will cause you to change the question into a sure answer...

Beloved, lately I’ve been writing about my struggle, and if you have been paying attention, I’m actually writing a two-way mirror. What I mean by this, is that we all experience struggle. My struggle is not unique, but it’s a struggle many of us share and experience together. The Word of God, assures us that what we go through isn’t unique but common, as it speaks to this common truth in 1 Corinthians 10:13 & 1 Peter 5:9.

If you are like me, you have wondered if God, our heavenly Father, hears us. Some might say this is lack of faith, or unbelief, but let me assure you it isn’t. As you will see from the below verses in scripture, a man that was said to be a man after God’s own heart, by God Himself, extinguishes that misconception. Struggle isn’t unbelief if you are a believer in Christ... it’s plain ‘ol struggle. David knew all sorts of struggle. He had men chasing after him to kill him. He was always on the move, and in hiding. He lusted after women. He lied. He plotted and schemed. He committed murder. He lost a child. He was tormented by his deeds. Couldn’t eat, couldn’t sleep. David for lack of a better word was a mess! Yet David knew the source of his comfort. He knew who could restore his joy, and wipe away all his transgressions (wrongdoings)... God could; His heavenly Father. Let us all take in the plead of a man who knew his source, trusted Him, but as you and I experience... was in a struggle. 


Lord, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; 
in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief. 
Do not bring your servant into judgment, for no one living is righteous before you. 
The enemy pursues me, he crushes me to the ground; 
he makes me dwell in the darkness like those long dead. 
So my spirit grows faint within me; 
my heart within me is dismayed. I remember the days of long ago; 
I meditate on all your works and consider what your hands have done. 
I spread out my hands to you; I thirst for you like a parched land. 
Answer me quickly, Lord; my spirit fails. 
Do not hide your face from me or I will be like those who go down to the pit. 
Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. 
Show me the way I should go, for to you I entrust my life. 
Rescue me from my enemies, Lord, for I hide myself in you. 
Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; 
may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. 
For your names sake, Lord, preserve my life; 
in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble. 
In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; 
destroy all my foes, for I am your servant. 
(Psalm 143:1-12 NIV)


There’s not one line above we can say doesn’t speak to all of us. It’s as if, we were crying out those pleading words up to God. If you’re like me. You’re saying to yourself, ‘someone else knows exactly what I’ve been going through!’ And you would be right! David knew great struggle, and we certainly arent alone in this, but David knew Who would come to his aid in times of need, to comfort him, to protect him and restore him. Its the Lord our God. Our heavenly Father who knows us completely. My pastor (Ps. Troy Gramling) loves this verse Psalm 139:13, and he refers to it many times, when he wants to encourage the congregation and point out that God truly does know us so completely and He is a personal, loving and attentive Father. Let us all read these amazing words along with the rest of Psalm 139 together, in which was written once again by David, and as we take them in, let us all allow the love of our heavenly Father quiet our concerns and turn our question of, does my heavenly father hear me? To a confident I cried out to Him and He heard my cry!:




O Lord, you have examined my heart and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I’m far away. 
You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. 
You know what I am going to say even before I say it, Lord. 
You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. 
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! 

I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! 
If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. 
If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, 
even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. 

I could ask the darkness to hide me and the light around me to become night— 
but even in darkness I cannot hide from you. To you the night shines as bright as day. 
Darkness and light are the same to you. 

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! 
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it. 
You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, 
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. 

Every day of my life was recorded in your book
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. 
How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can’t even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! 

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. 
Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. 

(Psalms 139:1-18, 23, 24 NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment