Friday, August 31, 2012

Wisdom Unfolding: Where do you go when you feel stuck?




Wisdom is defined by (dictionary.com) as:
the quality or state of being wise knowledge of what is true or right coupled with just judgment as to action;sagacity, discernment, or insight.



God’s Word gives us a great starting point towards a life that is filled with Wisdom. This blessing is found in the Book of James:

“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” (James 1:5, 6 NIV)


Wisdom comes from God. God is willing to bless everyone who seeks Him, regardless of what mistakes we have made. Here’s the kicker. We need to ask God for wisdom in faith, otherwise what He has to share with us, we certainly will struggle to receive.


If any of you are familiar with the book of Acts, there’s an amazing blessing I received from it today. These blessings are found in the 2nd & 4th chapter. In chapter 2 (Acts 2:14-41 click here to go there), the apostle Peter delivers his first sermon (in which was powerful and 3000 men came to Christ that day), but what I want to point out is what I took notice of today in my quiet time with my heavenly Father. The men hearing the sermon were astonished by what Peter was doing, and in chapter 4 (Acts 4:13 click here to go there), the men saw Peter and John’s courage although realizing they were unschooled ordinary men, they were astonished and ‘took note’ that they were with Jesus (listening, learning and observing).

Those words lead me to what Jesus told His disciples earlier. He told them that the Holy Spirit would teach them all things and bring to recollection (John 14:26 click here to go there) everything He told them.

From there I remain in thought and communication with God over this. Wanting to understand what wisdom is as it pertains to doing something. God made this abundantly clear to me— wisdom, is something given in an instance (recollection), and wisdom is also something that unfolds overtime as you listen, learn and observe.

The disciples spent 3 years of their life listening to Jesus speak and teach. But they also spent 3 years seeing Jesus do the things He spoke and taught about. This is the listening, learning and observing that gives wisdom, as Jesus said, He spoke of what He heard and seen the Father do (John 5:19-20 click here to go there).

So, I wanted to have summed up what would it be to ask God for wisdom to do a certain thing. And He reminded me of the time I spent in His Word, the time I spent in prayer, the time I seen leaders and pastors say, teach and do in the church, and God also reminded me of the times I have modeled the very things I read and received that Jesus also did.

Therefore, wisdom is definitely coming to understand something, and wisdom is also exercising when to do such things (discernment), but wisdom is also time invested in preparation for when such moments in our lives calls for something of significance to be done.

I will be open and honest with you now, as I know it will benefit you if you have been in such a spot in your life. Many times when others would share their experiences with me, and shared some wisdom that I could apply to my area of life I was struggling with, I wouldn’t take it well, but rather thought what they shared was harsh. When in fact, today, I came to realize (in which I thank the Lord!) that it wasn’t harsh words they spoke, but the harsh reality I was creating, because I wasn’t willing to exercise my willingness from listening, learning and observing in order to apply it to my life.

That leads me to share these final words with you that God was so gracious to recall in me to apply to my life and you can too!

I now realize, we all have the ability to exercise willingness in us and conquer what we set our hearts, minds and eyes on, if we are Christ followers and believe Jesus died for us on a Cross and God resurrected Him three days later where Jesus ascended back to heaven to be with the Father in glory. This willingness is possible, because we, the believer have received the Holy Spirit, and Jesus said, ‘the Spirit is WILLING, but the flesh is weak.

So whatever your heart, mind and eyes are set on accomplishing and conquering, you can do it, as the Holy Spirit is in us and He is willing... and in Christ who loved us, we are more than conquerors . Amen.

So if you’re like me and have struggled with a particular area of your life for much of your life, and it causes you to refrain from doing many things you know you can have success in, know that by listening, learning, observing, believing and preparing you can do what is needed and be victorious in accomplishing it.

That’s the great blessing of the Holy Spirit. We have willingness all fired up inside us, and all we need is to exercise it (do it). It won’t be easy, but it’s possible as long as we believe in God, believe in ourselves and continue to apply what we have heard, what we have learned, what we have seen, and what God said we can do. Amen.

It’s my prayer and petition that we will all accomplish our goals that burn deep inside of us, calling out to us saying we can do it! Especially if such goals will cause you to embrace all else God has in store for you.

These are promises for us to plant deep into our hearts and minds:
If God is for us, who can be against us?
No weapon formed against you shall prosper.
Being confident in this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. We can do it!


God’s grace and peace be with you all. May you all be lifted up and encouraged to continue on looking to the Lord! Who is the Author and Finisher of our faith. He went through the pain and the shame in order to get us where we all need to go. Amen Lord Jesus!

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment