Monday, April 16, 2012

My Book Report (Chapter 3): Every Day A Friday

Chapter Three


I'm absolutely thrilled to be writing a book report on this amazing book. Joel Osteen hits the matter of the heart in this chapter. "Express Your Joy" is the title and I believe the very essence of making the most of every moment. In joy we can witness great turnarounds in a person's life. I've heard others say, "I won't let them steal my joy," and I too have uttered such words in many situations, and I'm sure many more situations will arise to keep my joy and better yet! Share my joy.

Not to sound to prolific but joy is a building block for character. It certainly is needed in dealing with challenging people. I'm sure a raise of hands is warranted right now in how many people want to experience joy when dealing with knuckleheads (did I just write that?). Joel points out something interesting. He refers to a verse in scripture that speaks to joy being a great and thick fragrance if you will. "God has anointed You with the oil of gladness more than Your companions." (Hebrews 1:9 NKJV). Now this verse is speaking of Jesus Himself but it's the very blessing we all can have in Jesus. Such is to say that Joel was onto something when he used this verse. We too, can have an aroma that is inviting and doesn't fade away if we as Christ are anointed with joy (gladness). That's an amazing and descriptive way of showing how joy is something sweet to the senses. Amen.

Here's a quote my day was blessed with. "Joy is the serious business of Heaven." - (CS Lewis). To that, I have witnessed, experienced and modeled these very words. "Modeling Heaven doesn't start in heaven. It starts everywhere your joy is seen." - (F. Lugo)


Although chapter 3 has much more to share, I'll leave it up to you to purchase this book for yourselves and enjoy the blessings that it holds.



My Takeaway:

Joy is something that is contagious. Sometimes the best way to reach someone is to share the joy you have. Just like a water well, many times people will need to work at experiencing joy, but just as a geyser, others have joy that's seen from afar and it's explosive!


Beloved, I leave you with these final words the Lord just put into my heart to share with you in closing. Although it's a challenging principle, it's worth praying and believing, God will work it into you that you may not lack it at all. "My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing." (James 1:2-4 NKJV)




As always...YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment