Monday, April 16, 2012

Emergency Post: Hope Filled Words

Reflecting Me


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. (Jeremiah 29:11 NKV)


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV)


For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11 NIV)


For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. (Jeremiah 29:11 Amplified)




Today as I was talking with God, the verse above came to mind and it was shown to me in a whole new way. I have always heard this verse used in the context of the Good things God has in store for those who believe in Him. Today, as I shared some things that were scaring me with my Father in heaven, yet saying to God, "I will continue to place my hope in you," God shared this with me. 'Hope comes from what my Son Jesus did on the Cross for you, and for all others that would place their faith and lives in His hands, and my ability to always keep my Word.'


Then God shared His promise and declaration to all who have placed that trust in Him, with me, in which you see in the above verse in scripture in red. Those thoughts, those plans of hope for our futures; for our expected end God said comes through only One person- His one and only Son Jesus. 


As I thought of what God spoke into my heart, I started to see that verse in a whole different way. I saw those words of Truth from God Himself as a road map. A map that not only leads to Jesus at the Cross, but beyond that, through Jesus' resurrection. I saw that my hope does lie in Jesus Himself, and not only my hope, but my dreams for today and for tomorrow. That very future that I along with countless others, always want to be bright and filled with amazing and exciting things. 


But as I included four different translations I am reminded of how intentional God is. Those four translations aren't meant to confuse us at all. Nope! They're meant to point out the obvious. What is that obvious?! We all have different perspectives, and God is willing to speak to each and every one of us personally. How amazing is that?!


So, as I wrap this amazing blessing that God gave to me, to not only enjoy and experience the treasury of my heart grow, but also, to share it with all of you. Nothing I receive from God will ever be of worth unless I share it. That's the true gift that keeps on giving...a willing heart. 


God bless you all, with a prosperous future through an expectant hope for a wonderful outcome. In Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment