Thursday, March 8, 2012

Just a thought on giving thanks




Beloved, just moments ago I was thinking of how I tend to go on and on when giving thanks for the meal that is set before me when I'm with others. I tend to give thanks not only for the meal but events take took place, for people, etc.. I was blessed to receive a more healthier way of giving thanks that won't have a meal getting cold (Ha!) or leading up to a quick ending with the words "In Jesus name I pray," blurted out at the speed of light to which I have noticed many people do. This just doesn't make any sense and I for one know I can't change others although I have failed miserably throughout the years trying to attempt this, but what I can do is change myself and allow change around me through my example to take effect. Amen.

Here's the genius behind the Holy Spirit's guidance. In essence there's three tiers to giving thanks. In the morning, at meals, and at the end of your blessed day: Will -> Is -> Has

  • In the morning we can have a clear concise way of giving God thanks, by thanking Him for what He will do in your day, and what you desire for Him to do for others in their day by casting out vision for the victorious day everyone will have through God's grace. Amen.

  • At meals, we can give God thanks for what He is doing for us in that moment, that He may bring about such moments again, and that He may do it for others as well.

  • At the end of our day, which by far is the pinnacle of giving thanks to God for all that He has done in your day, and as you reflect on the needs and prayer requests of others, you set the stage to thank God for what He has done, and what He will do in the lives of others and of course for the day the Lord will give us tomorrow.

Don't you love bullet points? So much fun to use bullet points, at least I think so. 

So with that being said (Ha!) allow me the honor to close us in prayer.

Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment