Friday, March 9, 2012

A Beautiful Attitude (Part 3): Lay It Down

"Lay it down"

Beloved, God's grace and peace to you in all you think, all you say and all you do in this day the Lord has given you and forever. Amen.


For Part 3, I will share with you more of the Beatitudes- staples for good living and the blessings that go along with them.


"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth." (Matthew 5:5)


I wanted to start out by defining what it is to be meek based on the words and consistent actions of Jesus, and what the Word of God speaks to Jesus' nature as a man. First of all a meek man is not a weak man but quite the opposite always exemplifying strength by what he is able to endure and obey. Jesus spoke such defining words of a meek man before God at a pivotal and extremely tough time in His ministry here on earth. I take you to the garden of Gethsemane where Jesus is being crush by agony within His soul as He knows what He is about to endure that is, the horrific torture he would endure on His body for mankind's sake by being beaten, truly slaughtered bodily and crucified to a Cross in great shame and if that weren't enough the greatest of agony would be experiencing the separation from His beloved Father as He our Lord Jesus took on the world's sin. (I must pause to give thanks and praise to my Lord and Savior Jesus for all that He has done for me)...

The very words Jesus spoke were words that allow us to know Jesus related to human beings not wanting to endure suffering in their lives, but He also allows us to see the resolve of a man who by the love of God obeys what must be accomplished for the good of mankind. As it is written, Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine. (Luke 22:42)

Let us take in what Christ Jesus did for all of us, and as we reflect on such unconditional and sacrificial love let us look to how the word meek is defined through the Lord's actions. 


A few choice words we will all be blessed to take in when thinking of what Meek is: inclined to give in; submissive; compliant; to refrain; hold back; gentle and humble.

Being Meek by the Lord's example is being inclined to give into the will of God as we see above when Jesus says 'Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.' Being submissive once again shows the willingness to do God's will. Being compliant shows that we are willing to agree with and obey the rules that God the Father has set before us (click here to see the rules.) What we refrain from is doing our own will, yet wanting God's will to be done in and through our lives. If there is anything to hold back that would be our selfish ways of me, me, me. Instead of defining gentle and humble, I'll let you take in Jesus' words once again on His nature, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)


Now you may be asking yourselves, okay now I know what being meek is, but how does that tie into, 'For they shall inherit the earth'? I'm glad you asked that. By giving up our rights that is, the mentality of me, me, me, and having a change of heart that desires to serve the Lord and others, we will receive everything that God has in store for us. If there is anything worth laying down our selfishness for, it's all that God has in store for you, for me, and for all who will believe in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Let us pray:


Holy Father and God, thank You for all that You have blessed us with through the life of Your Son Jesus. May we be reminded and never forget the agony Your Son went through that we who believe in Him would be saved. What an amazing love You truly shower us with. We are not worthy of it, yet You spoil us with it, by Your Son Jesus' death on the Cross. Help us to be men and women of meekness that Your will be done, not ours. All the glory, honor and praise to You today and forever. In Jesus name, we pray. Amen.


Beloved, as always...YOU ARE LOVED





No comments:

Post a Comment