Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's not a debt it's a privileged relationship

Time and time again the two verses below are used, spoken about and taught on and they never cease to amaze and captivate the hearts of men, women and children alike all over the world. 


For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (John 3:16 NKJV)

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8 NKJV)



Have you ever heard the saying, “You saved my life! I owe you a debt of gratitude”? 

This morning I got to thinking about how good God has been throughout my 31 years on this earth. He has been very good to me. God has saved me from countless times of heartache and pain and injury to my body and from potential fatal moments many times. 

Because God has saved me I owe Him my life...indeed a debt of gratitude.

If you will reflect back on your life till present day you too will see how good God has been to you and how He has saved you, and these words will no longer be a tug and pull, but your very pleasure to live it out— “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are Gods.” (1 Corinthians 6:19, 20 NKJV)


As I reflect on my life I see that it's truly not a debt as the world would see it as no man can repay back God, but it's a privileged relationship with God in which God saved me by giving His son's life in place of mine. That is something to always remain amazed by, humbled and thankful for.

When you find yourself getting caught up with why God allowed His son to be killed...don't! You as a parent wouldn't do it, but God as a Father did, for you, for me, for all mankind. Why?

Ask God to come into your heart and tell you why.


Jesus my King my King you died for me,
You are in heaven but Your love resides in me.—F. Lugo


**Although God is in heaven, just as I do you too can have the very best of Him living inside of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment