Thursday, December 8, 2011

My thoughts: This morning

Are your thoughts like this? I have had many moments were the future glory that awaits us in heaven will be tremendous beyond any image the mind can create. I have often wondered and pictured Jesus and the radiant smile He would have on His beautiful face as I stood before Him.

I have envisioned myself falling to His feet and kissing them. Crying uncontrollably from the monumental joy I would be experiencing of finally being able to be with Him forever.


The Glorious Day by F. Lugo


“Shouts of joy from my mouth all will hear,

as my Savior's face and voice will be more than just near. 

So many people more than the eye can see jumping for joy high in the heavens,

With all shouts of praise for our Savior Jesus, coming from all the brethren.”



Sometimes heaven may seem further away, as corner to corner and day to day we experience struggles and let downs, but then I receive such words like the ones below and it allows me to regain a proper perspective.


“Now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known” (1 Cor. 13:12). 

“I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us” (Rom. 8:18).


Such words as the ones above speak to the glimpses we experience now towards our heaven, but we can be reassured and strengthen that although we will experience struggles and pains now, what awaits us in heaven will fade all our sorrows we'd experienced in our lives forever and that is plenty worth a smile...Don't you think!?

No comments:

Post a Comment