Tuesday, August 2, 2011

There is nothing else

My soul waits for the Lord More than those who watch for the morning— Yes, more than those who watch for the morning. (Psalm 130:6 NKJV)


In reflection of my day: I say 'What is there to need for I have You? What is there to want as if You have gone away? There is nothing Lord I need nor want, as You are both. 

Oh yes, in You! I have seen my morning, my day, and my night. 

You have given me sight, that I may behold Your glory. 

You have given me hearing, that I shall hear the shouts of praises to Your name. 

You have given me speech to speak and praise Your name. Oh how wonderful You are.

My hands and my feet, are to do Your will, and follow You all the days of my life! 

What is the body, other than to possess You? 

What is a heart other than to love You? 

What are lungs other than to receive Life! that You breathe in? 

What are lips, that Your Word shall flow from them? 

What is a tongue, that Your Truth be told? 

What is a soul, that it might echo Your existence? 

What is flesh, that it may cry out to You? Oh Lord! Hear me.

What is life! unless redeemed and justified by You!

Oh my God; yes! My Lord, other than You, what else is there?



"Not I, but Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment