Thursday, December 30, 2010

CLUTTER FREE

CLUTTER FREE


    This 2010 year is coming to a close, and many traditions are kicking  
into high gear. Such as washing of all clothes in order to not have  
any dirty laundry around for the new year. Wearing new clothes and not  
old. Cleaning the entire house from top to bottom then there's no  
clutter anywhere. Oh, and not to forget to have nothing placed in the  
corners of the house or underneath the beds.

    All of these traditions I have taken part in, but I had never taken  
part in the one thing that I should've cleaned up; organized; made  
new. That's my faith. The way I think, feel, act, love.

    Why is it so easy to do all these things around a house, yet so  
difficult to work from the inside out where it truly matters?

    I always examine my ways, and see if I am without "baggage," or not.  
Will I let go of all heaviness in my life, in order to be loose,  
light, and able to move about freely, or will I remain cluttered and not free?

The tough questions I ask myself are as follows:

1. If I had to leave everything behind, and only take the clothes on  
my body, and the shoes on my feet, would I do it, or cling onto what  
things I have?

2. If I had to leave loved ones behind me, and those whom I have known  
throughout my life, and continue on, would I?

3. If my desired destination seemed faraway, and the journey would  
take a lot out of me, would I go through with it?

These are all tough questions, that have the same thing in common. In  
order to be able to do it, we must be CLUTTER FREE.


The Lord said it Himself quite nicely may I add, concerning how to be  
CLUTTER FREE:


Mark 10:17-23 (New International Version, ©2010)

The Rich and the Kingdom of God

  17 As Jesus started on his way, a man ran up to him and fell on his  
knees before him. "Good teacher," he asked, "what must I do to  
inherit eternal life?"

>inherit means (dictionary.com): 
    a. to receive qualities, powers,duties, etc., as by inheritance
    b. to have succession as heir.


    18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good 
—except God alone. 19 You know the commandments: 'You shall not  
murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall  
not give false testimony, you shall not defraud, honor your father and  
mother.'"

  20 "Teacher," he declared, "all these I have kept since I was a  
boy."

  21 Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he  
said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you  
will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

  22 At this the man's face fell. He went away sad, because he had  
great wealth.


Explanation of (Mark 10:22)
    v.22 the wealthy man decides to remain cluttered instead of choosing to be free.

  
23 Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, "How hard it is  
for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!"


*explanation to the above words. Simply put; Anyone who wants to gain  
everything, must first lose everything.


The verses below coincide with the verses above:


Luke 9:23 (New International Version, ©2010)

  23 Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must  
deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.


*explanation to the words above: Jesus came as an example to show us  
how we too, can let go/leave behind everything in order to gain  
everything.


>Disciple means (follower of a free man).
    a. free meaning (John 8:36  "So if the Son sets you free, you will be freeindeed.")
    
    b. free meaning (John 10:18  "No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily [free]. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want [free] to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.")
    
    c. free meaning (Isaiah 58:6  "No, this is the kind of fasting [clutter free]I want: Free those who are wrongly imprisoned; lighten the burden of those who work for you. Let the oppressed go free, and remove the chains that bind people.)


>Cross means (separation of past, and acceptance of future).


>Daily means (one day of clutter free isn't enough, it's everyday).

>'follow me' means (Jesus was free by His faith in God His Father, and  
we too, in following His example will become free).


    *A clean house and clean clothes are a good thing to have, but a clean  
heart, a clean conscience, a clean mind, that leads you to live clean  
lives, is BEST of ALL.

    *This coming New Year, I look to enter into it, not only hoping for the  
BEST, but believing in the BEST with all my Mind, all my Heart, and  
doing it with all my Strength. That's Faith, and faith is believing  
even when it seems that the BEST you hoped for hasn't been seen yet.



I pray that all of you will experience a successful and prosperous New  
Year, and Life.


God bless you.

In God's Love,
Flavio.


Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

[Being Clutter Free]

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. (Matthew 6:33)







No comments:

Post a Comment