Sunday, January 2, 2011

The True Family of Jesus

Matthew 12:46-50
[Verses that are overlooked quite often]


46 As Jesus was speaking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, asking to speak to him.

47 Someone told Jesus, "Your mother and your brothers are outside, and they want to speak to you.

"48 Jesus asked, "Who is my mother? Who are my brothers?"

49 Then he pointed to his disciples and said, "Look, these are my mother and brothers.

50 Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!"


I have brought these verses up many times as I ministered to someone, and I believe that this Truth that Jesus was sharing and illustrating in detail, is quite often overlooked.

The Lead Pastor of the church I attend, said to us on a personal note one Sunday morning not too long ago as he held his bible up, 'I either believe all of this or I don't.'

As I reflect on his words and God's Word, verse 50 ( 50 Anyone who does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother!" ) stands out to me always.

So I ask myself this tough question: Do I believe all of it to be completely true or not?

I spoke these words (v.49-50) to someone dear to me, and as I spoke the words to them, it hit them hard. In that very moment, I said to God, 'I wonder if they believe all of your Word or not?'


I also know that we all go through fear in our lives and we all resist God's guidance, instruction and discipline in our lives quite often.

As I write these words, looking forward and reflecting upward to my Lord, I pray that the struggles we all go through especially when looking to God, that the wrestling match we find ourselves in, that God would over power us all into surrendering, and that we may come out victorious by His Love, and Word that will always guide us along the right path (green pastures) resulting in a lasting impression into our lives and those that surround us as well.

God bless you all.
In God's Love,
Flavio.


Verses to read that the Lord showed me as I wrote these words:

•Psalm 23

•Genesis 32:24-34

Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

Psalm 27:4-5 (my prayer)

The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment