Sunday, November 4, 2018

I would be remiss not to give Thanks to Almighty God




Today is October 29, 2018. I originally wrote this on February 5, 2011 at 10:41 p.m. There is something quite necessary about reading or revisiting how we used to think especially as it pertains to God. For myself, in 2011, I was not in the place I am now. I did not have the experiences, the knowledge, the shaped worldview or understandings I currently have. I was still very new to a relationship with God. Therefore, revisiting where I was at or thinking and in this case writing down, works at an aid to keep me holding onto the wonder and thankfulness a man who has a relationship with the One True God ought to have. In fact, this very wonder and thankfulness is what keeps a man having such a fantastic relationship with God. With that said, I now invite you Into My HEART.



O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! 
(1 Chronicles 29:13)


As I lay my body down to rest, I am reminded of how blessed I am to say Im laying my body down to rest. Its a great privilege to have a soft pillow, a mattress, and a cover to sleep with, while being secured under a solid roof surrounded by four walls, when theyre so many human beings out there who have not one of the things I mentioned above.

In this country (here in the United States of America), we have so many freedoms. Two major ones that come to mind: Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion. Its amazing how we can speak basically anywhere we want, however we want and choose any religion and how to worship in that religion without worry of retaliation. Whereas, in other countries, if you were to pray to God and say you are saved by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, you would be tied, gagged and arrested to most likely never see the light of day again. If not killed on sight.

Its my prayer that you the reader will be convicted by what I am writing leading you to become overwhelmingly grateful to God if you live in such a country that gives you so many freedoms that you may very well take for granted. Why do I say such things? Not because I think myself better than you. For the reason that I too was once a person who overlooked the blessing of said freedoms and took for granted this privileged life I have been afforded. In short, I only thought of myself.

In order for any of us to make a difference in this world, we must first experience a world of difference being made in ourselves. Im entirely grateful and thankful to God that I can say...God bless you all.

In Gods love,

Flavio.  


Originally written on: 2/5/11
Finalized on: 10/29/18
Posted on: 11/3/18

No comments:

Post a Comment