Saturday, November 3, 2018

Destiny... Who is truly in control?



I hear many men say they are in control of their destiny; we are in control of our destiny. So I ask, “Who is truly in control of destiny. Is it man or God?” Is destiny in the hand of man or in the hand of God? Are we in control of this day and tomorrow. What about the next and the last? Do we know the end from the beginning? So I ask God such questions, and He leads me to His truth that stands now and forever! For this is the Word of God, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.” (Luke 21:33 NKJV)


As I look upon this earth and all that it encompasses, with the days I have been given and have experienced till date, this is the truth that man can only embrace with certainty—Man does not control their destiny, but are empowered to decide which path they take. Either the road leading away from God or the road leading towards God, who controls all things, knows all things, is everywhere, all powerful and has determined end from the beginning before one of our days ever began.

For this is the Word of God, “Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” (Psalm 139:16 NIV)

And again, God declares this truth to receive by faith, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11)

Destiny-controlled by man-I think not! Destiny was determined before creation of man came to be, but praise be to God, He and He alone, controls what we cannot control. As it was in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. For God creates out of nothing, where man can only harness what was already created by God. Therefore, in these words to declare the glory of God, let it be so that we stand in faith that God creates and we only harness what is given us by God’s grace. Amen!

I thank my God! He is ever present and gracious to show Himself to those who seek Him. Amen.



—F.A. Lugo
Originally written on: 8/31/12
Finalized and posted on: 11/2/18

No comments:

Post a Comment