Thursday, June 4, 2015

The Sacrifice that Counts



 A living sacrifice. This is Jesus!



For some time now the Lord has been speaking into me SACRIFICE. The Lord reveals Himself always through sacrifice and the Lord makes His love known always through sacrifice. Matter of fact the very first sacrifice was done by the Lord God Himself to forgive the sin of the first man and woman:

“And the Lord God made clothing from animal skins for Adam and his wife.” 
(Genesis 3:21 NLT

Yesterday being (April 6, 2015) the Holy Spirit spoke and I heard and He said: “It will take you sacrificing your life to reveal Jesus to this world.” No man should shrug off revelation given to them by the Spirit who searches the deep things of God and graciously reveals it to mere men of the dust.
I took in these words and I am still pondering them as I have yet to say the “amen” that seals up God’s Word in agreement with the man as “so be it.” I further believe that I have yet to say the amen for the sake of God working within me, in completely surrendering to Him and the point of surrender I find myself in, is in the realm of sacrifice as it were.

Whenever the Lord speaks to me revelation and I say this to you now for it applies to everyone, IT MUST BE ACCOMPANIED AND CONFIRMED BY HIS WORD. Therefore, (Matthew 10:32-39; Matthew 16:24-27; Mark 8:34-38; Luke 9:23-26; John 12:23-33,35-36) record the sacrifice that is necessary. All four authors of the Gospel accounts have recorded this indicating that sacrifice is not only imperative to reveal Jesus to this world, but it is the necessity of all who wish to follow and choose to follow Jesus, regardless of your background, your education, your age or the revelation given to you by God, the one thing that is equal across the board is that it will take SACRIFICE to reveal Jesus to this world. 

My soul is in agony within myself for in all things I am no longer content and life as I know it is becoming dull to me as one who has lost sense of taste. I know this is all the work of the Spirit who is further calling me to sacrifice and such sacrifice is demanded from the Cross and its Bearer: “Anyone who wants to serve me must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me.” (John 12:26).

Therefore, I ask you for your continued prayers in belief. Not for the prayers for the things that pertain only to this world, but those glorious things that reveal, “Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven.” (Matthew 6:10).

I am finding it difficult in this last phase as it were, of surrendering to Jesus, yet I rejoice that all prayer lifted up to the Father in His Son’s name will be answered according to His Word; in which reveals His will. Amen.

Therefore, “pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. (Ephesians 6:18-20 NIV). 

These chains Paul who penned the above by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit was literally imprisoned yet He also was a slave of Christ as God’s ambassador, not against His will, but surely greater than his sinful nature and of his own choosing. This is exactly where the Spirit has me. I am chained to the Word Himself; a slave of the One who makes all free. Halleluyah!

Now pertaining to chains physically I do not know if that is His will, but in the spirit I am. Pray for me to surrender it all and pick up my cross and follow Him!

As always…YOU ARE LOVED.

— F. Lugo
4/7/15

No comments:

Post a Comment