Friday, June 5, 2015

The Power of Choice: Our Inheritance from God






 Choice. This word literally shapes everything that follows. I am constantly thinking of my choices and looking to make wise ones. I am certainly one who wants to cultivate a mastery over his choices so that at the end of it all, I will be confident that my choices were leading me towards life and not death. With that said, the following is what I was reflective of when I read in Romans 8 and I pray, it will be a firm foundation for you to build on with the Lord. Now, I personally invite you Into My HEART...



 So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death. (Romans 8:1-2)

Whether it be life, whether it be death, it is by power that makes it happen. This [power] is not by might nor force, but by God’s Spirit says the Lord Almighty (Zechariah 4:6). Amen.

Jesus conquered death and the grave by God’s life-giving [resurrecting]  Spirit (Ezekiel 37:1-10), and it was all made possible by choice (Deuteronomy 30:11-20 ), as Jesus said it best: “The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again. No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.” (John 10:17-18)

The power of Choice is everyone’s God-given inheritance. When we were created by God and He breathed His life-giving Spirit into us and we became a living being (Genesis 2:7) not only was Eternity within us (Ecclesiastes 3:11) and would forever call us if we choose to listen and hear Him (Proverbs 8), we were endowed with the power of the excellence of choice. We could choose the Life that was the Creator God who is Lord or choose everything else. It was entirely up to us although the Lord would not keep us in the dark of anything but laid it bear before us so that we would know the direct effect, consequence and outcome of our choices (Genesis 2:15-17).

No comments:

Post a Comment