Thursday, March 5, 2015

My God, Please Help Me (Confessions from February 2015)

 
 
 
 
“I’m not deserving of God’s help. No one is and no one ever will be. I am in need of God’s help. Everyone is and everyone always will be.”
 
 
I cried out to God in my sin and He heard my cry. I asked Him to help me and I heard back from Him. Even in my sin, God’s grace and mercy are with me. The below words are a song that resonate in my heart and my soul. A truth I certainly know all too well!
 
 
But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I cried out to my God for help.
He heard me from His sanctuary;
my cry reached His ears.
(2 Samuel 22:7)
 
 
In my confession to Him I humbled myself and said I can’t stop my sin. It calls out to me. I get drawn towards it. What is to become of me?
 
The Lord is so gracious and so merciful to me! Although I know and have experienced His grace I continue to sin. I despise myself for such things. I feel desperate and I want to say, “who will help me with this sinful weakness of mine?” The Lord hears my cries and shows me He is near to me. But how can I in my sin experience the grace of God and His holy presence? The Lord Jesus is my only answer. He draws near to the sinner and calls out to the sinner, and His presence, God makes possible to be near to us.
 
In my weakness and despair, I said, “I miss the days when it was You and I. I rejoiced in you and heard from you daily.” The sins I commit now I had no desire to commit then!
 
I cried out to God, “My God, please help me.” His Word speaks into me, “Resist the devil and he will flee from you,” and again, “draw near to God and He will draw near to you.”
 
His Word assures me, ‘He shows grace to the humble’ and I humbly cry out to Him in my sin to help me. How can I resist the devil a ‘strong man’ compared to me?! My only hope is in Jesus. He is freedom for the captive soul, the hurting heart, the sinful man.
 
I have only Him to trust. I have only His Word to strengthen me. I have only His Word that directs me to not worry but to pray and to give thanks. And His reassurance of peace that will protect my mind and my heart in Christ Jesus.
 
My mind is flooded with what shackles me and my heart is torn between holiness to God and desiring to seek pleasure in the world. Oh Lord, you have heard my cry and I pray, you will graciously hear it again.
 
Strengthen me to resist the devil in my weakness and let me remain by your side forevermore. Amen.
 
Pray for me!

Flavio.
2/17/15

No comments:

Post a Comment