Monday, July 8, 2013

The Miniature Sword: Our Ally or the World’s Greatest Enemy

                            



Beloved, for the last four years, what I have been so wonderfully consumed by, has been Jesus. He has shown me many great things, and I know what He is yet to show me, shall be even more wonderful. For the last four years I have often reflected on my years prior to Jesus, and these years have been years where I have used a miniature weapon to hurt, sever and destroy. I was greatly filled with hate, anger, guilt, shame and disgust for myself. I am so incredibly thankful that today, I am forgiven of all my sin, and now I am more educated of this great weapon that secretly lurks about seeking to destroy others along with the one who wields it callously. With that said, I now invite you into my HEART...


For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart. 
(Hebrews 4:12 AMP)


Four questions came to mind concerning a sword. I believe this is a great introspection for all of us to consider and align our lives to. It could be the very answer to a prayer you may have been praying and waiting on God to answer.

1. Does not a sword create damage?
2. Does not a sword take life?
3. Yet, does not a sword save a life?
4. Does not a sword bring about freedom?


Now, a sword may very well be foreign to many of us, however we would be surprised to know that we carry a sword with us at all times, and this “miniature” sword can get quite sharp!


‘Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.’ 
(James 3:5 NKJV)


Our tongues are swords. And not only swords but miniature ones at that! Easily undetectable yet can cause the same damage all the same.


Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. 
(Proverbs 18:21 AMP)


Though severe damage and life taken, has come by the sword, so has life been saved and freedom come by it also. Therefore, let us all ask God who gives wisdom to all who ask in belief of Him, to give us the wisdom and fortitude to wield our sword with integrity, discipline, humility and honor. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment