Thursday, September 20, 2012

An Inspired Post: Just An F.Y.I.

My Little Brother Chasen Crooks



Beloved, just moments ago I was greatly blessed to receive a text from someone I had the privilege and honor to know and work alongside with.

This young man I met a few years ago was full of life, energy and may I add, “Swag.” He and I shared a fondness for sneakers, but he had a greater passion... Racing and fixing up cars. He may not be considered big in stature by any means, but I believe his GOD POTENTIAL surpasses all the mountains of this big blue earth.

Always displaying his Swag
His name is...
Chasen Crooks, but I referred to him as “My little brother.” Truth be told, any night we worked together was a night I looked forward to, as I knew if the days work was heavy and hectic, I could easily go to him and he would make me laugh.

Tonight I wrote these very words to him, “It was awesome receiving word from you. God always puts people in touch with each other to either be encouraged or to inspire another. Bro, I believe both took place in these texts.”

I shared with Chasen how I was doing and some things the Lord has and is still blessing me with. One which was my writing and how I am an author and my writings are published.



Here’s how my encounter with my friend; my little brother, inspired me.

We are all writers in some form or another. We are all authors in some form or another, and our writings are published whether we realize it or not. Everything we type and send out into the great unknown; commonly referred to as the “world wide web,” is filed away forever.

We may not all earn a living from writing and we may not gain major notoriety from our writings, but we can all be assured that what we write is filed away and is searchable by anyone, whether it is our most recent thoughts posted, tweeted, blogged, “instagrammed” or just a quick comment, opinion or insight years ago.

Therefore, here’s my encouraging advice to my little brother— Chasen, I absolutely believe in you. I absolutely believe God has something amazing in store for you, and I absolutely believe as you draw near to the Lord Jesus, He will draw near to you and fill you with such inspiration, the BIG dreams you may have now, will not be anywhere in comparison to the BIG dreams our Great Almighty God will place burning passionately deep within your soul. Amen.

Chase, thank you for inspiring me today.
Your Big brother,
Flav.



Here’s my advice for all:

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PUT OUT THERE, AS IT CAN BE DUG UP AT ANY MOMENT. PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD AND DO IT TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY TO BUILD UP OTHERS.



As always... YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment