Saturday, August 25, 2012

Today’s Surprise: Little Did I Know

Little did I know I’d work with my hands today.
Little did I know I’d assist a well learned handy man.
Little did I know I’d spend time with someone I love.
Little did I know I’d hear wise words from a man of God.
Little did I know I’d write about this moment in my life.


Beloved, today seemed to start out just like any ’ol day. I woke up and still being in my struggle did not wake with an expectancy of God’s amazing blessings in my day. (Just a side note, praise be to God! That He is lifting me up out of my pit, as I find myself thinking of Him more and more again. My God is faithful. Amen!)

My day went by quickly, but the turn around came when my brother (Michael) came by to help us get prepared for “Tropical Storm Isaac.” From there my day took off and it was not due to what someone else did for me, but what I decided to do for someone else.

This I know! It’s always better to give than to receive, as in the receiving you can thank and appreciate, but in the giving you can hear, see, embrace, rejoice, reflect, recharge, etc... The return from giving is limitless as you are in control of doing it over and over again, whereas, in receiving you are not in control of everything except accepting it.

We may not always give, but here’s the good news, we can always choose at any time to be giving.

In writing this, I have chosen to give to you. I have given of my time and my talent as you are a treasure to me.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment