Monday, August 20, 2012

A testimony of His grace

Last night I found myself in a familiar place as of lately... Being aside from the Lord’s peace. Then something happened. Transition took place. Instead of lingering about in that moment I stepped away. I forgot about that moment where I was not experiencing the Lord’s peace but experiencing aggravation over something so trivial.

When I returned back to the situation, instead of focusing on it, I decided to lay down, and behold, I went into my YouVersion bible application and I started to read in a suggested text starting in Genesis 6. Before I knew it, not only was I experiencing something I hadn't experienced lately (Peace!), but I was also sharing it with my beloved (Mishel) and our evening that started out rocked by struggle and sadness ended in peace, gladness and praise to the Lord for who He is and all He has done and is doing. Amen!

Amazing how that happens. Steadily as you look away from God and towards yourself you experience lack. Not necessarily lack of material things, but lack of peace, joy, passion and love. And just as that happens, so does the steady return to His peace, joy, passion and love as the gaze of life is turned towards Him. Amen.

This I know! I have struggled greatly in my life, and for the most part it’s an inward battle, but the Lord is faithful and true to His Word. He will establish us in His grace but our decision must be to look towards Him.

Therefore beloved, you can rest assured God’s grace is sufficient to give you peace in times of struggle as His Word so comforting tells us, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” So as you look to the Lord, let yourselves be at peace, as we have an advocate with the Father, and we can ‘boast all the more gladly about our weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on us.’ He is Jesus Christ the Righteous. Amen!

With that being said, this simple and amazing prayer I learned, I lead you in now.


Let us pray:

God, give us the serenity we need to accept what we can’t change. The courage to change what we can, and the wisdom to know the difference between the two. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.


4 comments:

  1. Thank you Lord for the revelation of grace. It is such a precious gift that can never be bought but only given by Jesus who knew what the worth of it meant. Always enjoy how God can transform our hearts within one second to the other by the power of His peace. Amen! Thank you for such transparency, may God continue to strengthen you. Love you ~ Your OME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My beautiful bebe, I stand amazed by God's grace in my life. And in my transparency, you are one of the biggest examples of His grace, love and peace in my life. You love me so unconditionally. Thank you for loving me as the Lord said and showed us to love one another.

      Love always,
      Your Kookie.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for what you wrote. It is amazing to me that you just put yourself out there, and trust. I've been going through some stuff as well, working very hard to lean on God and trust. I have to tell you, that peace did come to me. Then, I went to the beach and enjoyed God's gift that I love so much... the Ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Karen Moser, thank you for commenting on my post, and further, thank you for leaving this great comment after leaving it on Facebook as well. I'm truly blessed to have the privilege and honor to write inspiring words, that others may be blessed by them. I pray God continue to bless many others mightily through my writing.

      YOU ARE LOVED.

      Delete