Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jesus Loves Me... This I Know


Beloved, it's 1:36am July 8, 2012 for me as I start to write this to you. I wanted to confess something that was on my mind to you. Moments ago as I headed into the bathroom to make preparations to go to sleep, I said to God, “Lord, I certainly do not feel spiritual or godly this moment.” In that very moment I received an answer from God not in the audible sense, but a confirming truth, as I started to receive His Word into my spirit, loudly saying to me that He hasn't left me, nor has He forgotten about me, but He certainly loves me and will comfort me. Amen.

Once that comforting moment overcame me, these lyrics to a very popular Christian hymn that originated in the 1800’s written by a woman named (Anna Barlett Warner) filled my mind:

“Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Bible tells me so.” Amen.

Many stanzas had been added over the decades, and in the line of my predecessors I will add a stanza (unofficially) of my own.

“Jesus loves me! This I know,
For the Holy Spirit in me confirms it so.”

That stanza above is a comforting promise. How so? Picture 2000+ years ago. It's around 33 A.D. and Jesus is in His last days before being crucified. It’s the night before He would die on the Cross at Calvary's Mountain. He tells His disciples who have lived, ate, slept, traveled, learned and grown very close to Jesus in their 3 years as His followers, that He is about to be sent up to be crucified and die for the sins of many. Shocking stuff, huh?!

This news sent shockwaves into the hearts and minds of 11 men who had become not only followers of Jesus, but friends as well.

Yet! What would follow would be even more surprising. Jesus tells them, “Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.” (John 16:7 NKJV)

This “Helper” Jesus spoke of, is the same Helper that comforted me, as I spoke those words, ‘I certainly don't feel spiritual or godly this moment.’

This Helper is the Holy Spirit, as Jesus mentioned it earlier to His disciples, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” (John 14:26 NKJV)

The Holy Spirit is an ever present reminder that I am not alone, and even the littlest of concerns to me are important to God. Amen.

Tonight I was blessed and pleasantly reminded that God will never leave me nor forsake me. Amen Lord Jesus!

Beloved, in closing, I wanted to remind you of something you may have already grasped from reading the words God fills my heart with to share with you— And that is, God is love. He isn't a cosmic killjoy. He isn't an impersonal God. He isn't a figment of the imagination. He isn't out of touch with the concerns of His creation.

No! God wants all of us to experience an abundant life. He is a personable God. He is very real and is Truth. He is in tune and very much in touch with the human condition and how very fragile we really are whether we’re willing to admit it or not.

In my lifetime beloved, it's my absolute desire for all of you to experience how real God truly is, and it all starts by experiencing the immeasurable love of God that comes to us and is available to all through a relationship with His Son Jesus Christ. Amen.

Therefore, if you desire (as who wouldn't!) to know such a love. Call out to the Lord Jesus, that you too just as I have and continue to, will experience the immeasurable, infallible, immutable, all encompassing perpetual love of God. Amen!

May you be forever blessed to know Jesus as your personal Savior and Lord.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.


No comments:

Post a Comment