Monday, July 16, 2012

Forgiveness: An Act of God’s Love


Beloved, forgiveness is an act of God’s love, that only God’s grace and peace at work in and through us can be accomplished by. Amen.


Today as I read in the Book of Psalms many characteristics of God’s Holy nature caught my attention. This evening being July 16, 2012 (Psalm 103:12) spoke to me, so I share it with you: “As far as the east is from the west, So far has God removed our transgressions from us.” Amen!

Beloved, the east and west never intersect, therefore God’s forgiveness not only removes our transgressions towards His Holy nature but also forgets our wrongdoings. Hallelujah!

God forgives us, so we too, should forgive others. As God forgets our sin, we too, should forget those who wrong us. This is the truth, but it doesn't make it easy to do though.

I have hurt and been hurt many times. I’m not proud of the hurtful things I have done in my past, but I do praise God that I can say, I have experienced His peace to forgive and His grace in being forgiven. Amen.

Beloved, as I think of an incident to share with you where God’s forgiveness had to work through me in order to forgive another, a scary moment comes to mind. Last year as I was returning home from a long walk, a man came running out of a car and put a gun about an inch from my forehead. He told me to give him everything I had on me. So I calmly gave him everything I had on me. He then asked me, “Is that everything?” and I said yes. He then ran back to the car and it sped off!

As I ran less than a block to my house, I recalled the entire event to my family, and they had less than choice words to say about the robber and the getaway driver. In that moment as my family shared their contempt for the robber, I walked away and experienced God’s powerful forgiving grace. I prayed to God, that the two robbers would be protected and saved from such a life and come to know His love. I also told God that I had forgiven them for what they did to me.


Beloved, I share this portion in my life not for you to say, ‘it was easy for you,’ or that I would seem like some amazingly kind and forgiving man, but rather to point to God, that He is amazing. That He is powerful. That He is quick to forgive and forget. That He is the One who will protect you in His peace. Yes! It’s our great God that accomplishes such an act of love. Therefore, give Him the praise and glory. Amen.


Beloved, If there’s someone you need to forgive and some wrong done to you you need to forget and move on from, let God’s forgiving grace and surpassing peace accomplish what we cannot do on our own. Amen.

As always... YOU ARE LOVED.

No comments:

Post a Comment