Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Book Report (Chapter 7): Every Day A Friday

Chapter Seven


Today is April 5, 2012. I'm including the date on this particular post as what I will share with you in this paragraph took place today, and not the day you will read this. Just me being thoughtful, that's all. This chapter was one that I didn't read through completely in one sitting. It actually took me several days to read through it. Not because I'm a slow reader, but because of many factors, but I tell you this! I'm glad It took the time it did, as it was a confirmation to me from another post I wrote earlier in the morning (in which you can see by clicking HERE), and a conversation I had earlier in the morning with my girl friend over the stresses of this world and how they can overwhelm us but the good news of how the circumstances of this world do not affect God, who is Jehovah Jireh; The Lord Our Provider. Amen.

I don't know about you, but I'm amazed at how God pieces everything together. Only someone who believes in God and the Salvation received only through His Son Jesus, can understand what I'm saying. So know that I'll be praying if you don't already know Jesus, by the end of this read, you will! Here's another place where you can experience that in your own personal time (PLEASE ENTER THIS PLACE OF BLESSING HERE.)

Getting back to Every Day A Friday in this chapter Joel gives many practical ways to "Know What To Ignore." Knowing what to ignore isn't as easily done as said. It all boils down to choosing our battles wisely. Something I'm steadily learning. Please pray for me on that. That word battle, makes knowing what to ignore something that will hurt you, right? Battles do cause and create pain. But I believe more importantly we can see from this word, that battles also are fought for something. If we are choosing our battles wisely, then it's safe to say we are choosing wisely what rewards will come from those battles. That's exactly what Joel suggests. He says we should ask ourselves when we are going to enter into battle, "Are the battles I'm engaged in worth fighting? Do they have any rewards? Are they furthering me toward my God-given destiny?"


Many things in life have the potential to be seen as a battle. The question both you and I have to ask ourselves is this: Will I enter into this battle to settle to injure and be injured, or am I wisely choosing this battle because the rewards far exceed everything else?


My Takeaway:


In knowing what to ignore and what to engage, shows great integrity on your behalf. It shows that you choose your battles wisely, and lead out by example. Choosing your battles wisely isn't easy. It takes practice. It takes a heart that desires to be of peace. It takes a problem solver by being a solution giver...It takes a peacemaker.

Father, thank You for a Spirit of peace, that leads to so many other blessings. Give us the strength to endure all challenges with peace and a good attitude. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment