Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Beautiful Attitude (Part 6): A Pure Heart

"A pure heart"




Today I'm continuing with Part 6 of "A Beautiful Attitude" where we are discovering the Beatitudes Jesus spoke in part of the most famous sermon of all time- The Sermon on the Mount. 


Just a recap of what Beatitudes are. Beatitudes are staples for good living and the blessings that go along with them.


Let us begin with this amazing verse in scripture. Truly a triumph echoing throughout the pages of history. "Blessed are the pure in heart, For they shall see God." (Matthew 5:8 NKJV)


A pure heart is something that is rarely seen. What can be said of a pure heart? Who has a pure heart? Is someone who has a pure heart merely one who does good for others? Someone who donates to charities? Someone who gives gifts on birthdays and holidays? 


These may be ripples of someone who has a pure heart, but what does the life of Jesus show us on who has a pure heart? We wouldn't have to go far. The Beatitudes in and of themselves speak a defining truth to one who has a pure heart. Let us recap on the Beatitudes shall we.


Those who have a Pure Heart are: Those who are poor in spirit (Matthew 5:3); Those who mourn (Matthew 5:4); Those who are meek (Matthew 5:5); Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness (Matthew 5:6); Those who are merciful (Matthew 5:7); Those who are peacemakers (Matthew 5:9); Those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake (Matthew 5:10); Those who are insulted, persecuted, and all kinds of evil and false things are said of them for the Lord Jesus' sake (Matthew 5:11)

Although the above statements of truth don't seem particularly inviting, let these words of promise from the Lord Jesus Himself ease your anxieties, "Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Matthew 5:12 emphasis added)




All of the above doesn't come over night but many of them happen to those who are hurting, and are in pain and sorrow over the terrible things they have done to others and the terrible things that have been done to them. How do I know this? I am one of those individuals who was filled with so much hurt, pain and anger that it was too great to handle and only the love of God through the Lord Jesus Christ could heal what was causing me massive hurt, pain, anger, guilt...you name it!

When I was asking God to give me the words to write towards this portion of the Beatitudes I went to a reference in my study Bible which was (1 John 3:2-3). This verse in scripture says "Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure."

The Word of God proclaims this promise. Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation. What is a new creation? A new creation is a child of God. I don't know about you but that thought of seeing God face-to-face finally has me tickled pink (Ha!). I look forward to that moment with all that I am. I have shed great tears of joy envisioning that moment when the One who has known me as He created me is before me and I before Him. It has caused me to tremble with excitement. That thought has kept me speechless with a brimming smile that could blot out the sun, and has caused me to dance with great jubilation (mind you I am not a dancer). Even now as I think of Him I shiver with delight. To see and be with my God forever is something that although we, His children, will all experience the above to some degree, that overwhelming love from a pure heart being a child of God will make it all worth it. Amen!

Beloved, as the end of this series of writings on the beautiful Beatitudes come to a close it's bitter sweet for me. Bitter as it will have been a grand journey to knowing and accepting the love of God through His One and only Son Jesus coming to a close. Yet sweet, as I have many more blessings to share with you coming down the pipeline. Amen.

As always...YOU ARE LOVED.




2 comments:

  1. Flavio,
    My friend! So great to hear from you, I miss your smiling face. I am very blessed to be at a great church that truly cares about me and my family. I hope you are doing great. Would love to see you, swing by West Pines one Sunday. Services are at 9:45 or 11:30. I started following your blog it's pretty stinkin' awesome! Thanks for sharing your heart! Feel free to quote me, just let me know!
    Love ya brother!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Added your blog to my To my link of fellow bloggers, feel,free to add mine!
    www.sandypinkmama.com

    ReplyDelete