Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sand Castles

A revelation given to me by the Lord last night in bed at 11:55pm...As I layed in my bed reflecting on the goodness of the Lord, I received these words and illustration of a marriage and of a faith. I was taken to the shores of the beach in which I was shown three sand castles. The three were arranged a couple of feet apart and they were arranged according to closest to the wet sand where the waves break, leading away from the water unto dryer ground. As I look at the sand castles I was reminded of my days as a child building sand castles and I would build them close to the sea shore where the sand was wet but not to wet in order to keep the sand castle from falling apart.

As I thought of this, I was shown three ways in which a sand castle is destroyed. One was by the surges of waves that would beat against the sand castle and overcome the instability of it, and it would come crashing down and fall apart.

The second form of destruction was by human hands that were trying to perfect what was seen as imperfections, which lead to the sand castle falling apart little by little, and no amount of effort could get it back to its original state.

The third form of destruction was by someone who would be passing by while playing and would trample the sand castle by foot.


As I looked at these examples I was shown, This is what was spoken to me, 'Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.' (Mark 10:9). As I reflected on these words I was shown many images of my failed marriage which was built by my hands, its foundation was unstable, and many things came along that caused destruction to my marriage. Then I heard these words, If man brings it together it is not solid and falls apart by anything and everything. -"But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.” (Matthew 7:26-27) (Sand Castle affect).

As I took this all in, I was made aware of the effects of making rash decisions based on feeling, emotion, and not Wisdom. The surges of the waves were the trials in a new marriage; having no firm base or longevity, and in the experience of a different dynamic no longer being one, but two as One. The human hands seeking perfection were the many attempts in our own strength, that actually caused imperfection - discontentment in the marriage. The Passer by destroying (doesn't care as there is no investment and it isn't personal to them): succumbing to the lusts of the flesh and this world.




A sand castle is firm but not yet solid...

Such is to say of ones faith. If it is not built on solid doctrine and belief, any false doctrine or new age way of thinking or Emerging church movement of feeling, symbols, and not of Truth; God's perfect and complete Word, such a faith will be blown about by any trial, any person, any desire of the flesh, and anything!

The only way for a marriage as well as faith, to endure, is to be rooted on Sound principle, Truth, and longevity.

If you enter into either base on a feeling; what you're going to get out of it; the title or position you are to attain; and what you can gain from it, it will always end in failure, struggle, confusion, discontentment, instability, lack of self-control, and trajedy causing you to leave, and/or seek an other prospect(s).

**Wisdom is needed here. If you have an ear to listen, take heed and avoid pitfalls.**

No comments:

Post a Comment