Thursday, March 3, 2011

Under Construction: Church is not a building


There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)


Today as I sit before a laptop thinking of all the things that God has brought my way in less than two years, I am filled with joy for Him, and excited for the journey He is taking me on.

There is something though that has sadddened me to the point I am filled with a grief that has me up at nights, yet God in all His glory will utilize this grief to fuel the fire in me to share more, speak more, write more, and love more. This grief I feel is a lack of love, a true outreach amongst men and women to encourage one another, in which is seem seldomly. As I go through my days when I see such acts of true kindness and affirmation of God's love, I am convinced that the Will of God and His unconditional love through His Son Jesus, is at work and their is still hoope.

Therefore, I am reminded of my days working in a portable on a construction site, where I saw many goings on in the construction business and the amount of effort it took to build something from the dust up. As I would glance at an open field with materials scattered all over the place, I would say to myself  'how can anything become a building, a structure from all this mess?' and the same applies to the lives of humanbeings. I being one of these messy people, with a life that is still plenty messy, look to God ; a jack of all trades if you will, to be the blueprint for my life. The architect to my body, and the contractor who has worked at perfecting my faith.


I've heard the saying in the construction field "Chaotic Order." Some may say this is an oxymoron, something that can't be, won't be, and should not work with each other. The fact remains, that for all men and women who have lived lives of chaos, through Christ and remaining in Christ have come to know order. Now the question could be raised; So chaos existed first? No, this is not the case. Order was always existing and present, yet chaos made things seem easier, but just made everything a whole lot difficult. I being once a child with no chaos in me, and filled with enjoyment through the simplest of things, grew older to experience CHOICE. Choice in many forms, yet a choice to do right always seemed boring, and difficult to do (i.e. study, do homework, do chores, eat my vegetables, be good to your brother and look after him, etc... )


Now we all experience that moment in our lives where someone isn't their to make a choice for us anylonger, and we are open to make choices of our own, for our lives, and we tend to become that dusty plain with all the supplies resting on it, and the saying of "Chaotic Order," becomes our life. We have the tools to get the job done, but need assistance to get the construction, and recovery of our lives going.


This is the Good News of Christ, in which He is the perfector and finisher of our faith (We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Hebrews 12:2). He has laid down the foundation, and mapped out all the ways to live by. All questions have been answered, and all inspections through His Word are approved and safe. In following this blueprint for our entire lives, (the Word of God) we too, will see ourselves fully finished, standing straight and lacking nothing like a new building after the complete construction has been finished.


In the end, the Church; the body of Christ, His Bride, will be fully matured and complete lacking nothing and prepared to be received by the Lord Himself  ...just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word. 27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. (Ephesians 5:25-27)


To God be the Glory!


God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment