Thursday, February 17, 2011

I found my "Re"




What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today, I wanted to begin my journey into my heart by thanking God for such words, and such beautiful people such as yourselves. I thank God for the person who is impacted by these words from my heart that God places in me with such gentle care.

God has been doing something BIG in me, and from what I can recall, it started two weeks ago. Something profound had taken place in my life, and it affected every portion of my being. At first I wasn't sure what it was but very soon after I started to feel the impact.

I found myself in unfamiliar territory again, and it didn't feel good at all. I found myself alone, when I was used to the company of another. I found myself asking God 'what went wrong?' When at first I believed it was all going right.

Something in me was telling me, it was the right decision, and the right timing but all I began to focus on was an emptiness I felt. In that emptiness, I began to feel a strain build up inside me, that I hadn't felt for quite sometime. This emptiness was from an Empty Nest.


Throughout the next two weeks, I felt highs and lows, and started to want my time to be occupied, then my thoughts wouldn't occupy me. I found myself going to church more often. I found myself joining a men's group again after a very long hiatus. I found myself volunteering more, from a short hiatus. I found myself reconnecting with those who were there to encourage me, and in turn I found myself encouraging them. Isn't it amazing how that happens?

From confusion to improvement, I found myself analyzing my life, and my work. It was lacking something. I asked God what it was, and he responded 'You are to RINSE, REFRAIN, REFOCUS, RETHINK, REINVEST, REBUILD, RECEIVE.'

I am to Rinse away the hurt, and the failure
I am to Refrain from such destructive paths
I am to Refocus on the goal at hand
I am to Rethink my thoughts, my words, my actions.
I am to Reinvest in LOVE
I am to Rebuild the house He has given me
I am to Receive everything I need to accomplish my goals from my God.



Philippians 4:6-7 says it nicely
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


If you find yourselves in an area of your life where you are feeling weak, scared and afraid, look to God and His Word which are always there to encourage you.


Joshua 1:8-9
8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do. 9 This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment