Saturday, January 8, 2011

I would like to introduce...

I am always grateful to God for my family in Christ. We all know struggles and we all know that with God our struggles are used for strengths and not to be a constant weakness, so I would like to introduce you to my sister  in Christ which is a lovely person in my opinion and her name is Feleisha Johnson.

Feleisha's blog name is heavenli. Feleisha's first entry is appropriately titled after her blog "Living with Christ." 

I hope you all enjoy it and look forward to seeing her more on my blog. Please stop by and show her some love and leave a comment while you're at it ;-)

God bless you all.


Her blog is called: 

Her URL is: livingwithchrist.blog.com




Living with Christ

Have you ever lived with someone who was always in your face and had an opinion about everything you did? Don't say this, don't say that, treat others with love, be patient, be kind, blah, blah, blah.

I mean seriously, if some idiot cuts me off in traffic, why can't I call him an idiot? Or why do I have to be nice & let the person with 3 or 4 items go ahead of me at the checkout line? And when I don't let them skip why do I have to hear about itall day? Why must I be scolded like a child for honking my horn at the person who apparently fell asleep at the green traffic light. I'm not inpatient, the light's green & green means move it!

Does anyone out there understand where I'm coming from? Because this is what it's like living with Christ. He is always there. I can't do anything without him having something to say & I can't go anywhere without him following. I've tried to shake him or ignore him, but it's pointless, the more I try, the more he's in my face.

He is this all knowing, all powerful, every where at one time being. Sometimes I have my days when I just want to be angry at someone because they wronged me, or get back at someone for hurting me, or just complain about something. But he never lets me. He always reminds me to never let the sun go down on my anger, or never fight evil with evil, but always with good, and to stop complaining & be thankful especially during difficult times. And most importantly, to always treat others the way I want to be treated.

I know he loves me & only wants what's best for me. And whether I want to admit it or not, he iswhat's best for me. He leads me, guides me, disciplines me, corrects me & loves me. He is always there when I need him; he lifts me up when I'm down, he offers an encouraging word when I'm discouraged, he gives me strength when I'm tired, he keeps me safe when I'm scared & he plans all my tomorrows.

It's not easy living with someone who's perfect & who knows absolutely everything about me. I'm not perfect & he doesn't expect me to be perfect, only to be the person he created me to be & reach my full God potential.

I'm not where I want to be, but thank God I'm not where I use to be. I am a work in progress!





No comments:

Post a Comment