Thursday, September 2, 2010

"It takes one rotten apple to spoil the bunch."

~ As I read earlier in the book of Romans, this is what came to mind as I read through chapter 5 ~


Romans 5:15 (New Living Translation)

15 But there is a great difference between Adam's sin and God's gracious gift. For the sin of this one man, Adam, brought death to many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of forgiveness to many through this other man, Jesus Christ.

*I like to think, this is where the saying "It takes one apple to spoil the bunch" came from- Awesome! How all things are illuminated in Truth through God's free gift of the Holy Spirit when choosing Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and how although the odds may be stacked against us, [one good deed, action, word, belief] can bring back joyful living from a life lived in [sorrow; sadness; despair, and without direction.] Amen!

This is why the scripture says (clarifies, and excites us with hope) a few sentences later in:

Romans 5:18-19 (NLT)

"Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. 19 Because one person disobeyed God, many became sinners. But because one other person obeyed God, many will be made righteous."

Talk about a promise, worth believing in. I don't know about you, but these words bring soothing to my soul. Especially in times where it is tough, and you don't know what the next step has for you, or what's waiting for you around the corner.


From financial problems which are astronomical in these days, to broken homes from failed marriages, we are all in need of a Savior. This is my only Hope, and where my faith remains in. My God, through Jesus to save me from a life lived in despair. But, as the Bible teaches, although very tough at times to grasp, 'I will count it all joy,' as I know in my weakness God's strength goes into overdrive in my life.

This brings a smile to my face, and definitely turns sorrow into gladness and my many tears into laughter.

I hope in some measure, my words that I shared today from the Bible brings anyone of you, or my hope, everyone of you, a hope that becomes and remains cemented in God through Jesus Christ.


Have a great day, and when it becomes to tough, try to find some sort of quiet time to yourself, even if it's in your bathroom for 5 minutes. It helps.

God bless you.


Signature from Flavio's iPhone:

Psalm 27:4-5 (my prayer)

The one thing I ask of the Lord—the thing I seek most—is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord's perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment