Sunday, April 25, 2010

Don't rock the boat

Word of the day:
Psalm 16:11 (New King James Version) -

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy;  At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

My friends, I had the priviledge to speak with someone very dear to me yesterday, and they were sharing with me how they are growing weary, and they have no time to spend in God's word. This saddens me, as the world is like a boat ride on very choppy seas. If you aren't equipped to handle the waves, you are to stare at the horizon (something fixed in position, and motionless) to keep from growing dizzy.

[God is like the horizon; immovable. God is always in a fixed position; all around you.]

Just as this dear friend of mine found themselves getting dizzy, and not equipped to handle the waves of life in this moment, I gave them the advice to pray to God for seperation from what is keeping them from their full God potential, and for guidance in which avenue of the three they are pursuing to focus on, which will be beneficial to them, and fully allow God to be lifted up high in their priority of things in their life.

Now, in giving them this advice, I shared with them a revelation/testimony of my own weariness, and fear of a situation I found myself in. Just as I was there to pass along this message no doubt from God to my friend, I explained the words someone spoke to me.

[Pertaining to the resurrection of Lazarus]
'Just as Jesus had someone else remove the rock from the tomb that kept Lazarus dead body for four days, instead of removing it Himself, we too, must remove large obstructions in our way, instead of waiting on Jesus to do it.

With that being said, God has equipped us with all the things we need to be successful in life, therefore rejoice in that my friends, and keep your mind, body, and soul fixed on Christ Jesus (good things), as He is Example on how to live a life that is full in God's potential.


James 1:2-4 (New Living Translation)

Faith and Endurance
 2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

We all go through struggles in life, but it's the struggles that allow us the ability to know what's victory. Exactly as the scripture says, you should do. [Rejoice!] To find yourselves in a struggle, as with all conditioning, if you can endure it to the end, you will be the last one standing when it has all been said and done. 

Just as an athlete trains hard to build up their stamina and endurance, we too must train. This is done by consuming all that is God's Word, and living it fully as well.

[That my friends, is True Religion.]

Stay the course, and look to prosper from the long journey, and as the scripture says 'For all those who stay the course, and endure to the end, through Christ Jesus, heaven is yours!'


As it should be:

•God is first.
•Family is second.
•Church is third.
•Work is last.

(Follow this order, and reap great rewards).


All my love through Christ Jesus.
Amen!


James 1:12 (New Living Translation)

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment