Thursday, February 18, 2010

To be a slave, or not to be (that is His question)

[I wrote this down as I pondered God's Law (10 Commandments), and I decided to share it with a friend first, before posting it, and after I shared this with her, she directed me to the scripture where Jesus Himself said these exact words in John 8:34-36. Truly His spirit speaks to me.]

[My words through His spirit]: 
   I tell you the Truth my friends, a man who lives in the bondage of slavery in Sin; by his mind, his body, and his spirit, is shackled by God's law. But a man who is free from the enslavement of Sin, is a free man. A free man, who is of pure mind, body, and spirit; is a man who is free of any shackling, and no law will touch him.

The question is; are any of us truly free? Or do we keep ourselves in slavery?


(John 8:34-36
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free...



[More on being free, and not a slave]   

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)


God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment