Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Love Scene [A series in LOVE] Part 2

It begins with a hug...

Luke 2:10
But the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people." The Savior - yes, The Messiah, the Lord - has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David!

[Personal message]
Throughout the last week and a half I wondered when would I finished this teaching? As it was intended for the Sunday of 2/21/2010. Little to my dismay, I found myself coming up on the following Sunday with no teaching to post on the "Series in LOVE."

Throughout this week, I was enthrolled in conversations about love, marriage, intimacy, friendship, and making love to your spouse.

To my amazement, the Lord was working on me for this teaching behind the scenes and leading me to topics to teach on, and how to teach on them.

Here is what He has shown me:

To embody the title of this teaching "The Love Scene," I will take you to the place most people will think love may start at; the bedroom.

The bedroom is seen as the pinnacle of where love starts, or rather where "Making love," begins.

If this was the case, God wouldn't have made man, and woman (Adam & Eve) out of His image. He would've found two ordinary people, and lead them to a bed.

Makig love to someone is not an act, or something that can be timed. If you can believe it, it spans a lifetime. But let's take it a day at a time. Shall we?

From the moment you wake up. You look to your spouse; your beloved, with a smile and lean over to kiss them good morning (hopefully they don't have dragons breath), in that moment you would've started to make love to your spouse by the look, the smile, and the kiss.

The Lord says it well here:
Genesis 2:21-24
"Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother and cleaves to his wife, and they become one flesh."


Cleave (Dictionary.com)
To adhere closely; stick; cling (usually followed by to); [cling to]

In the above scripture it says a man 'cleaves to his wife.' This means to cement each other to each other. Not literally (although people tend to do so), but spiritually; emotionally; intellectually; and physically.


Now, in being one, the Lord wasn't just speaking individually (man and woman) but with Himself as well.

God created marriage (a union for His children to enter into), and when a man leaves his parents home, to get married, he enters the original union of Man, being one with God (our Creator/our Father).

Therefore, throughout this day, any and all things done jointly in Love, marks intimacy in the marriage, and God's words as being "one flesh."

The world would have you think that this is all wrong, or would say 'who has the time, or the energy to do so after a long day at work?

This is not even a question, if you are alligned with God's word. It wouldn't be a matter of spare time, but "I have time to spare for everything else in life."

[Repeat. Rinse, and repeat]

"My job, my career is not! my life. My God, and my family is what brings me to life."

To become one flesh physically is the easiest part, but the rest seems to throw off everyone. Why is that?

So, we know God created Man. Created marriage, and gave us the gift of sex. Now rules to live by. I repeat to (finally! live) by.

[Rules to have a great love life] The Recipe

1. Place [God] first
2. Know it's about the [Man & Woman] being (one) always!
3. Understanding [Children] are a blessing from God; not to replace God.
4. After the first three, comes [church] and lastly [work].

~ "Follow this recipe for Love, and remain in LOVE."~

As it started with a hug... it ends...


John 19:30
... It is finished!" Then he bowed his head and released his spirit.

When Jesus was on the cross, after getting severly whipped (beaten), and tortured, they nailed him to a cross, in humiliation for all to see Him die.


Malachi 1:2
"I have always loved you," says the Lord. But you retort, "Really? How have you loved us?"

And the Lord replies, "This is how I showed my love for you...


When Jesus, said out loud "It is finished!" and released His spirit back to God, he gave His life for us, and that was His undying love to us. This, were all His words in action.

... it ends with a kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment