Tuesday, October 23, 2018

My Prayer According to (John 4:10)



Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.” (John 4:10 ESV)


Some background concerning how this prayer came to be. As I was listening to the audio of this translation, like never before this verse caught my attention. I have read this passage many times and written about the encounter with Jesus and the Samaritan woman by the well many times as well. I thank God I have been able to do so and I thank Him now, that yet again, His Word is my inspiration for prayer. With that being said, I now invite you Into My HEART.



My prayer:

Lord, indeed I know you are the gift of God. How could I not?! You have so graciously given me, over nine years of knowing you, walking with you and being loved faithfully by you, the understanding that you are the gift of God. Your love just like your goodness, mercy and faithfulness, knows no bounds. Even now I am amazed that I am praying to you even as I write these words. You are the gift of God. You are that very good gift from God. If there be any other gifts we would receive, you surpass them all! Lord, in all things and in every way I now ask you that I am able to perceive and know that you are the gift of God. When I am at my lowest and want to quit and when you have exalted me and I am victorious. Let me perceive and know you are the gift of God. You have said that you are the living water. Water is good. Living water I perceive is better. I ask you according to your words to the Samaritan woman by the well, as I am aware that you are the gift of God, that you give me this living water. Indeed you have but I say it now, to address the gift of God, who alone has to give: I have nothing. All of us have nothing. What can we give to God that He has not already given to us first. Have we made anything? Have we accomplished anything? Are we self made? Do we counsel you? Have we sheltered you? Have we first loved you? In all these things we have done no such thing. For we cannot! We are altogether the works of your hands. You possess all things and all things are yours to give.

Therefore, I ask of you. For you alone can give. You are the gift of God. You have graciously permitted me to come to know this. Even on that first night you made it known. In fact, you chose to state it at the first, in that, you said, ‘I come to you with a gift, a gift that no one can take away.’ Not only do you possess all things and all things you possess to give are good, you mean them to be gifts that no one can take away. Indeed, I ask you as a man can ask of his Lord. Let these good gifts I have received and that I now ask you for, never be taken away, that they align to your words, that no one can take them away.

Even now I thank you my Lord. You are indeed the gift of God and it is plain to see. You are not a curse from God. You are the gift of God. God has altogether humbled the human race and kept us in perpetual awe of His gift He has given us. How wonderful it was of God to give the world He who is the living water, that by Him, we would not thirst any more.

O God, you indeed give good gifts. Your gift said so. Therefore, it is not a lie. I believe that Jesus is your good gift. How could He not be?! Have we asked you for bread and you gave us a stone. Indeed you have not?! Nor can you. You give good gifts. Gifts you intend to never be taken away. Jesus said, ‘heaven and earth will pass away but my words will by no means pass away.’

What then is your good gift to the world? Was it destinations as we know them to be?! No! Your gift is far greater than a destination. Your good gift; indeed the best gift is this—the words of Jesus. It is His words that will by no means pass away. It is His words that are living water. The very words of Jesus is the good gift we can all receive from God.

I have perceived this throughout nine years of walking with Jesus. His words are everything altogether wonderful. He is the gift of God and His words are the sum total of everything we can ever know as good, perfect and pleasing. In fact, Jesus is the Word of God.

Yes! I ask you Lord for living water. May it never be taken away from me. May it be shared. May I rejoice and never thirst for any other thing. Now and forevermore. Amen.



—F.A. Lugo
Originally written on: 10/20/18 at 9:32 a.m.
Posted on: 10/23/18 9:12 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment