Sunday, June 7, 2015

My Prayer: Revelation in Full for a Matured Hope





Beloved, there is much I do not understand concerning God’s Word in the holy scriptures and I am not alone in this. However, as I once stated to someone near and dear to me: “I have the mind of a Genius. I am a genius. A genius is not one who knows everything. A genius is one who knows a lot about what he needs to know a lot about.” At that, the expression they had on their face revealed to me without any certain words that they could not grasp what I had spoken to them. This too, is our response or expression to the Word of God. We look upon His Word with awe, amazement and also a perplexity to not fully grasping the sheer magnitude of it and rightfully so, as God’s thoughts and ways are higher than ours, yet the simplicity of its delivery and God’s willingness to reveal Himself to those who diligently seek Him should further spur us on to ask God and continually ask God to give us the wisdom and revelation of knowledge of Him. So that the eyes of our understanding will be enlightened; that we may know with confidence the hope of His calling for us, what are the riches immeasurable of the glory of God’s people in Christ and the all surpassing mighty power in which raised Jesus from the dead and caused Him to ascend back into heaven to be forevermore at the right hand of God in which is the position of honor, power, praise and dominion forever and ever over all things, all peoples and all powers. I now share my perplexity and my prayer to consistently know the Mind of God and all its ingenious workings. With that said, I now invite you Into My HEART...



I am not a genius in the sense of historical men who have been labeled a genius in some field of study, or merely by layman who just look upon these people as supreme over them in head knowledge. I am a genius because I have been given through the Holy Spirit the “Mind of Christ.” This mind enables me to consistently and with a renewing factor, know the deep things of God as the Spirit of God alone searches the deep things of God. Therefore, if there is any genius we should ever be inclined to attain and be concerned with, it is the genius of God who alone knows all things and made all things and in Him consists all things to the praise of His glory. Amen!


My Perplexity

When they arrived, they went to the upstairs room of the house where they were staying. Here are the names of those who were present: Peter, John, James, Andrew, Philip, Thomas, Bartholomew, Matthew, James (son of Alphaeus), Simon (the Zealot), and Judas (son of James). They all met together and were constantly united in prayer, along with Mary the mother of Jesus, several other women, and the brothers of Jesus. During this time, when about 120 believers were together in one place, Peter stood up and addressed them. “Brothers,” he said, “the Scriptures had to be fulfilled concerning Judas, who guided those who arrested Jesus. This was predicted long ago by the Holy Spirit, speaking through King David. Judas was one of us and shared in the ministry with us.” (Judas had bought a field with the money he received for his treachery. Falling headfirst there, his body split open, spilling out all his intestines. The news of his death spread to all the people of Jerusalem, and they gave the place the Aramaic name Akeldama, which means “Field of Blood.”) Peter continued, “This was written in the book of Psalms, where it says, ‘Let his home become desolate, with no one living in it.’ It also says, ‘Let someone else take his position.’ “So now we must choose a replacement for Judas from among the men who were with us the entire time we were traveling with the Lord Jesus— from the time he was baptized by John until the day he was taken from us. Whoever is chosen will join us as a witness of Jesus’ resurrection.” So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. Then they all prayed, “O Lord, you know every heart. Show us which of these men you have chosen as an apostle to replace Judas in this ministry, for he has deserted us and gone where he belongs.” Then they cast lots, and Matthias was selected to become an apostle with the other eleven. (Acts of the Apostles 1:13-26 NLT emphasis added)

Beloved, all the scripture selected here, was read by me today being (April 19, 2015). I was discussing with the Lord the lack of understanding I have in the “casting of lots” and with the “Urim and Thummin.”

I said to Him concerning the “Urim and Thummin” the sacred pieces kept with the high priest beneath or behind (under) the high priest’ breast plate to inquire of the will of God: “I don’t understand how casting lots would reveal your will for them concerning specific matters. I lack this understanding. Give me this understanding Lord that my hope in you may increase [or become more mature]!”

I also said to the Lord: “Even your disciples casted lots to choose who would replace Judas Iscariot as the twelfth man of the 12 you originally choose. And now I will go and read in Acts 1 to refresh myself and see who was chosen.”

Beloved, as I read all these selected passages in scripture, I saw that two men fit the [requirement] to be an apostle—Justus and Matthias. The requirement like two who had had the interview of all interviews for the position of all positions; to be an apostle of the Lord and a witness of His resurrection, was to have traveled with the Lord Jesus from the time of His baptism by John the Baptist [immersor] till His death.

After two men fit the requirement, they all prayed a simple yet equally wonderful prayer to God for direction and then they [casted lots] and it was Matthias who was chosen. Whether I can fully understand the casting of lots or these seemingly mysterious Urim and Thummin, what is clear to me, whether by inquiry and prayer, those who are chosen of God to lead are those who consistently rely on God’s leading.



My Prayer

What is most amazing of all this as there is much that is amazing, is that I also prayed after reading and taking in all this that took place in that upper room, as if I were present and with all the prayers that took place in their time together, I prayed as such: 

“Lord you know all things and know everyone and what they are going through and what they need and all the many questions and arguments they will present to me concerning you and your resurrection. Even now, I ask you from Genesis to Revelation to give me revelation of all of your Word, your Truth in which is your Word (John 17:17), so that I will have a response (1 Peter 3:15) and that I can break down every unwise, foolish argument others in their ignorance towards you, their sinful nature and disobedience (Romans 1:18-23) have built up against the wisdom of God (2 Corinthians 10:3-5), so I will be able to properly give at the proper time a response for my hope in Jesus (1 Peter 3:15), His Cross and His resurrection. In Jesus name, I pray. Amen.”

Beloved, the Word of God coming out of His mouth testifies and assures us, that “all things are possible with God,” and again, “anything is possible for the one who believes” and further assures and encourages us, “if you believe and do not doubt that what you have asked for you have received, then you will receive it” (Mark 11:22-24). I believe and do not doubt that I a man who is known of being fearful of men and timid in speech will indeed receive revelation of God’s glorious Word of truth, holiness and love in full of its entirety, so that I can give a proper, an accurate and a powerful witness of the promises of God in Christ, so that all will come to know of this hope and whatever does not align to God’s will of its own choosing, through wisdom given me, will be able to choose to serve and obey Him now willingly. Amen. 

I believe this! Therefore, according to His Word I shall receive it! Halleluyah!

— F. Lugo
4/19/15

No comments:

Post a Comment